FORUMS: list search recent posts

NVIDIA's new RTX cards announced

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Gissing
NVIDIA's new RTX cards announced
on Aug 15, 2018 at 1:50:44 am

For those who want to see what the amazing new developments are at NVIDIA which have big implications for us in the post world you can find a link to the video of the presentation here -

https://www.redsharknews.com/technology/item/5721-nvidia-s-staggeringly-pow...

I noticed at the end of the presentation that Adobe CC and Resolve were the only NLEs listed amongst the partners in the RTX technology which combines advanced real time ray tracing with AI in a single chipset. They say it is the biggest leap since CUDA. I can see areas like noise reduction, optical flow, stabilisation, object removal and the ability to add photo real objects that react normally to light and movement into shots in real time. Also these cards make 8k 60fps fx processing in real time on a single card feasible.

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: NVIDIA's new RTX cards announced
on Aug 15, 2018 at 7:16:59 am

This is amazing news. The new RTX cards are not cheap, but man, are they powerful. This makes me gnash my teeth even more and want to throw my Trashcan Mac out a window...

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Aug 15, 2018 at 7:44:58 am

Rumours are that the RTX 2080 might be announced in the next week or two which will be much cheaper than the Quadros but 40% more performance than the GTX1080. The new RTX cards also have a way to link two cards that doubles the frame buffers so two 2080's linked have 32gig of onboard VRAM, a joy for 8K

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
on Aug 16, 2018 at 5:34:01 pm

[Michael Gissing] "The new RTX cards also have a way to link two cards"

Hope it's not just VLC... Resolve doesn't see that threading.

Also, those who wait... (ah, that's not really a strategy...) there will be some reason I won't be able to use these cards and jump straight from my Titan Blacks over the 1080Ti's...

jPo CSI

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Aug 17, 2018 at 2:29:01 am

[Joseph Owen] "Hope it's not just VLC... Resolve doesn't see that threading."

Too early to tell as these cards are not yet released but the way the new card link was touted it's nothing like SLI and it effectively doubles video frame buffer memory so I suspect it is aimed at video. Resolve was listed along with Adobe as development partners so lets see when they are released and Blackmagic let us know if linking is worthwhile or just having two unlinked cards.

Also the RTX 2080 is said to blow away the 1080ti in performance so I'm interested in seeing if two of those linked might outperform the entry level RTX Quadro because they might be around the half price point of the RTX Quadro

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]