FORUMS: list search recent posts

How and where can I download / purchase Resolve 15 studio?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Harry Bromley-Davenport
on Jul 12, 2018 at 8:56:12 pm

I'm digging around all over the place and Googling, but cannot find any way to buy this sucker.

One other question about Resolve 15 Studio - I read contradictory opinions as to whether Resolve Studio 15 will work ok under Mac OS 10.11.6. El Capitan. Does anyone know? Or do I have to upgrade my system?

Weird that I can't find a way to purchase. Is this a homeland security thing?

I'm on a 2 x 3.32 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 32 GB, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6144 MB. Accelsior 128MB SSD startup disk.

Harry The idiot.

Return to posts index

Ricardo Marty
Re: How and where can I download / purchase Resolve 15 studio?
on Jul 12, 2018 at 9:48:08 pm

Its not available yet, maybe by August. You can purchase from various stores like bh.

Ricardo Marty

Return to posts index

Harry Bromley-Davenport
on Jul 12, 2018 at 11:58:20 pm

Many thanks for this piece of info, unknown to punters like me.

Meanwhile, do you think I should buy the v.14 Studio version and then upgrade, or will that be a hassle? There's a project I really want to start in Resolve because I am ditching Prem Pro at last, after allowing them a million chances to turn over a new leaf and be honest with their customers about the endless massed bugs and unresolved problems within P Pro. Their CC advertising is unbearable. You should read some of it in detail if you want a good giggle.

I can't imagine why there has not been a massive exodus from PP in favor of Resolve. I gave Resolve a good solid whirl for 8 hours yesterday with 4k material and blur plus glow plugins within Green screen composites. It ran damn fast, the design looks really good and it crashed only once during this test. Prem Pro, on the other hand (in my experience of 3 years) almost always freezes or crashes ON STARTUP - that's before attempting anything more complicated than cut and past and execution of one color correction which appears to be the limit before slowing, freezing, crashing, wheel of death. I don't understand how they get away with it. I thought there were standards which controlled fraudulent advertising.

I've occasionally gone on a bender, attempting to rally editors and producers to mount a class action lawsuit - or at minimum to investigate that possibility. I got zero response. I guess we editors are but a timid flock of sheep.

Thanks - and I hope you can give me some minimal advice about whether to buy Resolve Studio version 14 right now for this new project or wait.

Best, Harry.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Jul 13, 2018 at 2:19:09 am

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve/howtobuy/
A complete list of resellers.

Keep an eye on the Blackmagic forums and the Support page. There are down loadable config guides for hardware and OS compatibility
https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support/family/davinci-resolve-and-fusion

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Jul 13, 2018 at 2:20:36 am

Resolve 14 is available to buy and then you use the same dongle or license to run 15. Blackmagic do not charge for upgrades. I'm still using my dongle from version 10.

Return to posts index

Harry Bromley-Davenport
on Jul 15, 2018 at 5:21:18 am

Many thanks to you and to others who responded. Best, Harry.

Return to posts index

Harry Bromley-Davenport
on Jul 15, 2018 at 5:22:29 am

Thanks for adviice. Harry.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]