FORUMS: list search recent posts

Playback Options

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Santiago
Playback Options
on Jun 25, 2018 at 7:51:48 pm

Stupid question.
Is there a key command for playing back the last few seconds of a previous clip into the next clip for preview?
I tend to do this dance with my multi-keystroke where I will press UP then press J twice then L to preview my grade.
Hope that makes sense.

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: Playback Options
on Jun 26, 2018 at 6:48:30 pm

There is a loop function, but the default is to play the clip you are in. If you are using the Resolve control surface, you should be be able to loop around a Marked In/Out. I don't think there is a feature yet for looping for a pre-determined duration around a cut.

jPo, CSI

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Jun 26, 2018 at 11:00:03 pm

The best key on my standalone Fairlight is a jump back and play key where you can set the size of the jump. So no matter what you are doing you hit one key and you jump the required duration and the timeline plays.

I'm looking forward to getting the Blackmagic control for Fairlight which will hopefully still have the best key in the history of editing and work on all pages in Resolve. Meanwhile you might be able to come up with some sort of macro maybe?

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
on Jun 27, 2018 at 2:24:00 pm

Thanks, guys for your input.
I wonder if there is anything out there like an old keystroke utility app or something?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]