FORUMS: list search recent posts

Why can't I see - but can hear - some of my multicam clips in Resolve after important an XML from FCPX?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Noam Osband
Why can't I see - but can hear - some of my multicam clips in Resolve after important an XML from FCPX?
on Jun 16, 2018 at 11:37:34 pm

I exported a timeline from FCP X. Some of the clips are multicam.

Some multicam files worked fine. Others did not. I can hear them but dont see anything in the timeline in Resolve. Adding to the weirdness is the fact that, in FCP X, these multicam clips all have the same roles.

Any idea what's going on? I'm new to Resolve.

Thanks!,
Noam

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Why can't I see - but can hear - some of my multicam clips in Resolve after important an XML from FCPX?
on Jun 17, 2018 at 8:38:04 pm

Multicam transfering from any NLE to Resolve is iffy...spotty. I suggest COMMITING the angles...collapse them. Make them no longer multicam so when you send to Resolve, it doesn't have to deal with them. you should be in picture lock anyway, so no longer need the other angle.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Noam Osband
Re: Why can't I see - but can hear - some of my multicam clips in Resolve after important an XML from FCPX?
on Jun 17, 2018 at 8:58:18 pm

This is good advice. I'm using FCP X so I can't flatten in there. SO ANNOYING! And there were tons of clips from multicam and I'd have to go each one to get it done.

That said....my problem had the easiest of solutions. Apparently, there were more tracks in Davinci and I just needed to scroll down. Always nice when problems have easy answers, even if it comes from your own stupidity.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]