FORUMS: list search recent posts

Archiving Options in Resolve 14

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Akada
Archiving Options in Resolve 14
on Jun 14, 2018 at 7:25:26 pm

I scoured the manual and Lynda but I couldn't find an exact answer so I apologize in advance if this is a RTFM situation but I just cut a project using Resolve 14 and I'm trying to pass along the archive to a colleague. However, I'm trying to limit the size of the overall archive for the sake of expediency and I realize that all of my dailies were included in the archive as well (since they're organized in bins within the project itself).

My question is this: When you archive a project in Resolve, is there any option or function that will limit the included media files in the archive to clips/footage used exclusively in the timeline(s) or is the only way to limit the size of an archive to retroactively create smart bins and collect the timeline media manually? Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
Re: Archiving Options in Resolve 14
on Jun 15, 2018 at 8:05:02 am

You could use the media management tool to trim/transcode your footage and then export a project file to go with those. Check page 495 and forwards in the January 2018 manual.

Return to posts index

Andrew Akada
Re: Archiving Options in Resolve 14
on Jun 17, 2018 at 11:17:44 pm

Thanks, Tero! I just tried the method RE the manual but when I copy the media the folder structures aren't retained (even when I select the option to recreate sub-directories up to 5 levels deep). All of the media is just dumped into a single folder. I've tried it a few times to see if I was fudging the settings but the outcome appears the same no matter how the cookie crumbles. Would the project file be able to recreate the entire folder structure or would I have to relink the clips one by one in the media pool?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]