I have a sequence in one project that serves as an opener for multiple episodes of a series, with slight changes for each.
The sequences involves lots of still images at many different framings and quick cuts. In the Resolve project for one episode, I've completed this sequence with all the full quality stills, and I want to put the timeline with this sequence in to all the other projects from which it can be modified for each episode.
I copied the sequence from the resolve project for the episode on which i' completed the opener, and then pasted it in to a new bin in my next project for a different episode. Initially, only media copied and no timeline, which was bizarre, but I just quit Resolve without saving and tried again and this time around the timeline and the media populated the new bin. However, for some bizarre reason, all the stills are the wrong size, much smaller than the HD project frame size. The relative size and positioning of the stills seems to still be correct as far as I can see (ie. if in the original project we have a still that's at say 100% zoom, and then a hard cut to the same till but at 130%; then in the new project the still appears twice and is 30% larger the second time), but the absolute sizing is definitely wrong because all images are significantly smaller. I thought it was possible this might be because of input sizing because for some images this was adjusted, but input sizing adjusted images were the minority and ALL the images are wrong.
How can I copy a sequence from one Resolve project to another and keep it EXACTLY the same in each project?
Replying to my own thread because I got some advice that solved it for me. In the project in which I initially did the sequence which I copied to the other projects, I'd set the global project input scaling settings to 'crop', meaning all the still images which were almost always significantly larger than HD had to be shrunk down to get the right size.
The project I was copying the timeline to had the input scaling set to 'scale entire image to fit' meaning it first resize the image to fit the horizontal or vertical borders of the HD frame and then performed the edit size scaling which reduced it in size again, making everything super shrunk.
I just selected all clips in the timeline (in the copied to project) and changed the scaling settings from the edit page inspector to tab to 'crop' allowing me to get the correct sizing for this sequence without affecting anything in the rest of the main sequence for the rest of the project.