FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolve 15/Fusion: can a matte created in Fusion be brought into Resolve and used on its color tab???

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael McCune
Resolve 15/Fusion: can a matte created in Fusion be brought into Resolve and used on its color tab???
on Jun 5, 2018 at 2:38:55 pm

Resolve 15/Fusion allows greater flexibility for compositing and keying and has more options in creating masks and mattes. Tutorials online show Fusion selections (the output say, of the Fusion Chromakey tool) can be used to create masks and mattes in Fusion and can, for example, be color corrected in Fusion. That rendered result will then appear in the Resolve timeline.

But if that mask or matte selection was available also in Resolve as a mask or matte, then it might replace the Resolve qualifier key functions.
Then we then be able to use some of the great color tools in Resolve using the Fusion mask or matte instead of the Resolve qualifier key selection.

But I haven't seen a tutorial online--the only way we get our education in this stuff these days--that shows how a Fusion mask or matte might be brought into Resolve as a mask or matte. It seems that only the rendered Fusion output appears on the Resolve timeline.

We would like to use the Fusion mask or matte on the color tab, not as a rendered output but as a mask or matte.

In other words, the Fusion mask or matte might replace the qualifier selection methods in Resolve. And then the Fusion mask or mattes might directly feed the key inputs on Resolve nodes.

Any thoughts????

Thanks all. Mike

Return to posts index

Andi Winter
Re: Resolve 15/Fusion: can a matte created in Fusion be brought into Resolve and used on its color tab???
on Jun 8, 2018 at 8:32:38 pm

+1.

fusion being able to provide masks or mattes for color room would only be logic.

haven't been able to install vers15 on my office machine, but i am looking forward to it.
as most of my projects are ACES these days a proper color pipeline between the two would
also be more than welcomed :).

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Resolve 15/Fusion: can a matte created in Fusion be brought into Resolve and used on its color tab???
on Jun 9, 2018 at 5:12:00 pm

Unfortunately you are still jumping to a totally different program, designed by a totally different company, so I think we are still several versions away from that type of interactivity. As it stands, all we are dealing with is a trigger to render media out of Resolve, open that media in Fusion, and then read that rendered media back in Resolve. There really isn't a lot of interaction going on between the two programs yet.

Best solution at this point is to add another saver (if this can be done without the full fusion I'm not sure) and output a separate matte pass to bring into Resolve.

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]