FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio Distortion

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lawrence Gray
Audio Distortion
on Jun 5, 2018 at 8:26:22 am

I'm trying out Davinci Resolve 15 and none of the sound on the clips I have imported is clear. It all sounds noisy and distorted, as if the volume is turned right up.

I checked the same clips outside of Resolve and the sound is normal. In the editor it is unusable. Is there a setting that I'm missing?

I've tried simply reducing the levels and it makes no difference. The sound is highly distorted, both at the treble as well as the bass. I tried the sound cleaner and it merely takes off the treble and bass and leaves a muffled remnant.

What am I missing here?

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Audio Distortion
on Jun 5, 2018 at 9:12:24 am

What codec is the clip (particularly the audio codec). Also the bit rate and sample rate

Return to posts index

Lawrence Gray
on Jun 5, 2018 at 9:47:24 am

H264 , 48Hz

And now it seems OK... I have a music track on there that I deleted and then I rendered the whole time line out in xml for Final Cut. In Final Cut I discovered only half the time line. The sound was fine there. Then I opened Resolve again. And yep, half the time line had disappeared. But the sound for fine.

I've been using it for a week with the sound being terrible. And now after that manoeuvre it is fine, except for the lost of half the time line... The backups don't want to open beyond the last one saved, which is the half timeline.

So... go figure.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Jun 5, 2018 at 11:00:50 pm

[Lawrence Gray]"H264 , 48Hz"

Which beta version of Resolve 15 are you using?

H264 is a video codec. Was the audio codec PCM or AAC? Also was the bit depth 16,24, 32 or floating point? It helps to know what might have been the problem for other users to avoid.

Was the music you deleted mp3? So many variables in your description it's not easy to guess what might be the issue.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]