FORUMS: list search recent posts

What do the "Wifi" and "pencil" (edit I guess) icons do on the deliver page?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Duke Sweden
What do the "Wifi" and "pencil" (edit I guess) icons do on the deliver page?
on May 21, 2018 at 11:34:54 pm

If you haven't updated to version 15 yet, the "manual" is now just a list of changes and upgrades to DR, until they release the final version I suppose. Anyway my question is in the title. I've clicked on those two icon in the render queue, nothing happens, but if I close DR I get the "Save changes to project" window, so I guess it's making a change but I don't see it. What are they supposed to allow you to do?

Dell XPS 8920
Intel i7 core 7700 build
GeForce GTX 1050ti
32 Gigs of RAM
3 7200 RPM SATA Drives
Windows 10 64-bit
DaVinci Resolve 14.3

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
Re: What do the "Wifi" and "pencil" (edit I guess) icons do on the deliver page?
on May 22, 2018 at 4:09:24 am

These things aren't version 15 specific and can be found in the latest manual in the deliver page section. Set up remote rendering and edit current render queue item.

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
Re: What do the "Wifi" and "pencil" (edit I guess) icons do on the deliver page?
on May 22, 2018 at 10:17:20 am
Last Edited By Duke Sweden on May 22, 2018 at 10:19:02 am

I know, Tero. But once I installed version 15 the regular manual got overwritten. The manual with Media, Edit, etc. sections doesn't exist right now, for me, anyway, just a listing of changes to the software.

I know those icons aren't specific to v. 15, I just never thought to wonder about them before. I'd click on them and nothing would happen, and I just forgot about it since I was still only just beginning to learn the software and didn't want to clutter up my feeble mind.

I see that on top of your usual lecture you provided the answer. Yer gettin' soft, my friend ;-)

Dell XPS 8920
Intel i7 core 7700 build
GeForce GTX 1050ti
32 Gigs of RAM
3 7200 RPM SATA Drives
Windows 10 64-bit
DaVinci Resolve 14.3

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on May 22, 2018 at 10:48:21 am

[Duke Sweden] "I know, Tero. But once I installed version 15 the regular manual got overwritten. The manual with Media, Edit, etc. sections doesn't exist right now, for me, anyway, just a listing of changes to the software. "

But installing the new version does not delete the manual from the internet. The Blackmagic Support page has manuals down to version 10 available.

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
on May 22, 2018 at 12:54:27 pm

Oh, good. I was missing v. 11 from my collection ;-)

Dell XPS 8920
Intel i7 core 7700 build
GeForce GTX 1050ti
32 Gigs of RAM
3 7200 RPM SATA Drives
Windows 10 64-bit
DaVinci Resolve 14.3

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on May 23, 2018 at 7:19:59 am

[Duke Sweden] "Oh, good. I was missing v. 11 from my collection"
The Version 8 manual is good for a lot of laughs. It's pretty shocking how far Resolve has come over the last 10 years.

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
on May 23, 2018 at 11:37:27 am

Thanks, Marc! I'll have to check Amazon. Will I need an older version of Adobe Reader to open it? ;-)

Dell XPS 8920
Intel i7 core 7700 build
GeForce GTX 1050ti
32 Gigs of RAM
3 7200 RPM SATA Drives
Windows 10 64-bit
DaVinci Resolve 14.3

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
on May 23, 2018 at 3:33:56 pm

[Duke Sweden] "Will I need an older version of Adobe Reader to open it? ;-)"

No, but Adobe will save it as a current version, then you won't be able to open it using a previous version. And when they update in a few weeks, like Premiere, then you will have to re-save it again.

jPo, CSI

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
on May 23, 2018 at 7:36:28 pm

I'm just joking. Other than Tero, who collects old Davinci Resolve manuals? ;-)

Dell XPS 8920
Intel i7 core 7700 build
GeForce GTX 1050ti
32 Gigs of RAM
3 7200 RPM SATA Drives
Windows 10 64-bit
DaVinci Resolve 14.3

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on May 24, 2018 at 5:48:34 am

[Duke Sweden] "I'm just joking. Other than Tero, who collects old Davinci Resolve manuals?"
They make good late-night reading when I'm having trouble sleeping. Especially like Resolve 8 or 9...

BTW, I hope they hurry up and finish the Resolve 15 manual... which is still not out yet.

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
on May 24, 2018 at 11:21:54 am

I have no trouble sleeping. It's waking up that's getting harder 😉

I know v.15 isn't out yet, that's what prompted me to ask my question up there. Between new Directv firmware to fix their problems with 4K, new firmware for the GH5, and hopefully a beta 4, this could be a big week for me 😉
Cheers!

Dell XPS 8920
Intel i7 core 7700 build
GeForce GTX 1050ti
32 Gigs of RAM
3 7200 RPM SATA Drives
Windows 10 64-bit
DaVinci Resolve 14.3

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]