FORUMS: list search recent posts

OpenFX Error

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kenneth Maultsby
OpenFX Error
on May 3, 2018 at 4:05:48 pm

At the startup of DR, I get this message OpenFX plugins have been disabled due to error when loading.
Please click on the OpneFX button in the Color page to re-enable them.
When I do this in the Color Page nothing happens, but when I click on it a second time I get the message DaVinci Resolve is not responding and would shut down. This happens 14.3 and 15, Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
Re: OpenFX Error
on May 3, 2018 at 4:34:08 pm
Last Edited By Duke Sweden on May 3, 2018 at 4:37:38 pm

I used to have that problem. What you probably did was turn off OpenFX when you clicked the button to turn them on, hence that error message on startup. Next time you get DR running, go to the color page, but don't click "OpenFX", click on the expand button (the one that looks like 4 arrows, to the right of the Timecode) and OpenFX plugins will appear.

Dell XPS 8920
Intel i7 core 7700 build
GeForce GTX 1050ti
32 Gigs of RAM
3 7200 RPM SATA Drives
Windows 10 64-bit
DaVinci Resolve 14.3

Return to posts index

Kenneth Maultsby
on May 3, 2018 at 5:20:13 pm

click on the expand button (the one that looks like 4 arrows, to the right of the Timecode) and OpenFX plugins will appear.

I didn't see this but maybe because I am using DR 15 beta and I have a large display. Anyway looks like it is working I had to wait the OpenFX began to show up. The NewBlue FX started to show up. I am still new to this. On the subject of OpenFX if I purchase for example Borris Continuum will DR see it on is a special way to install OpenFX?

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
on May 3, 2018 at 7:58:57 pm

Make sure you get the OFX version. Install and it will show up under your OpenFX list of plugins.

Dell XPS 8920
Intel i7 core 7700 build
GeForce GTX 1050ti
32 Gigs of RAM
3 7200 RPM SATA Drives
Windows 10 64-bit
DaVinci Resolve 14.3

Return to posts index

Kenneth Maultsby
on May 4, 2018 at 4:27:59 am

It is working now I had to wait for it to load.

Return to posts index

Dave Harrison
on May 28, 2018 at 6:10:50 pm

Thank you! This worked for me! I had to wait a couple minutes for the OpenFX to load. I suspect how long the loading takes is influenced directly by how many plugins you have installed. I have Red Giant Universe, NewBlueFX Transitions 3, and Magic Bullet Suite.

Return to posts index

Shane Zimmerman
on Sep 7, 2018 at 7:21:52 pm

I had the same issue after installing DR 15 on a brand new comp. I also couldn't find the "expand" button Duke Sweden was referring to, so I stumbled upon this method.
Open DR and go to the color window (menu options are different for each window.) Click on "Workspace" at the top menu, then click on OpenFX. This had the same effect of expanding the OFX window. It should load all of the OFX properly.
After doing this, I haven't had any more problems with this. Cheers!

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
on Sep 8, 2018 at 10:18:08 am

This is the expand button

Dell XPS 8920
Intel i7 core 7700 build
GeForce GTX 1050ti
32 Gigs of RAM
3 7200 RPM SATA Drives
Windows 10 64-bit
DaVinci Resolve 14.3