FORUMS: list search recent posts

subtitle feature request

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Winter
subtitle feature request
on Apr 22, 2018 at 9:26:33 pm

dear all!

i just played a little bit with the new subtitle workflow in resolve 15, but i couldn't find the option that one line subs are always in the bottom line and two line subs position the first line above, and the second line stays positionwise in the bottom line. THIS IS ABSOLUTE CRUCIAL for professional subs.

or did i miss something?

plz add that possibility, or else i have to stick with my much more complicated belle nuit workflow...

Return to posts index

Brent Marginet
Re: subtitle feature request
on Apr 22, 2018 at 11:42:45 pm

I haven't tried this yet but Resolver Tools has a Subtile Tool for Resolve called Sub Simple. You can do a conversion from an SRT file to XML for Resolve Online or purchase Sub Simple for $29.

Maybe this will do the trick for you. I really must take the time to try it out myself one of these days. Please let me know how it works out for you.

"MY MEDIA/PROJECT MOTTO: If you think three copies of your Media or Projects are enough. Take a moment to place a value on them and then maybe add two more. Hard Drives are now stupidly cheap. A RE-SHOOT AND YOUR TIME AREN'T."

Return to posts index

Andi Winter
on Apr 23, 2018 at 8:48:07 am

thanks for the tipp!

i will try your recommended tool if resolve doesn't implement this in their next beta update! there is this feature i was talking about in the kit, they call it "Bottom Anchor".

so please bm implement this, else subtitling will not work for a lot of us!

Return to posts index

Andreas Kiel
on Apr 24, 2018 at 12:48:30 pm

You can try my X-Title Importer/Exporter as well.
It doesn't use the Closed Caption type of Resolve 15 but a standard Title workflow.
The real bad thing with Resolve is that there is no "Outline" only an "Inline" option - even though they call it "Outline" 😉

- Andreas

Spherico
http://www.spherico.com/filmtools

"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby
become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will
also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil

Return to posts index

Andi Winter
Re: subtitle feature request UPDATE
on Apr 26, 2018 at 12:42:12 pm

dear users thanks for your replies.
dear bmd thanks for your implementation in beta2 :)!

in the new beta there is an anchor option which solves the problem of line jumping! THANKS for that.

the other thing:
>The real bad thing with Resolve is that there is no "Outline" only an "Inline" option - even though they call it "Outline" 😉

as far as i checked it right now, the stroke option is indeed a regular "Outline" option now.

cheers
andi winter

Return to posts index

Andreas Kiel
on Apr 29, 2018 at 1:16:31 pm

[Andi Winter]...as far as i checked it right now, the stroke option is indeed a regular "Outline" option now.

And it is the same "garbage" as before.
Try a white letter with a 15 pt black "Outline" and tell me what you see - probably not a white letter.

Spherico

Return to posts index

Andi Winter
on Apr 30, 2018 at 3:54:09 pm

you are right, somethings very strange happens once the font gets too small.

BUT: for subtitles i think i can live with that. point 15 is not option for subs.

Return to posts index

Andreas Kiel
on Apr 30, 2018 at 4:48:39 pm

[Andi Winter]...BUT: for subtitles i think i can live with that. point 15 is not option for subs.

15 pt was a stupid example to show what's going wrong, but for readable subtitles (open captions) outline is a kind of must - not 15pt though. And the way DVR handles it will make 'Arial' into 'Arial Thin' (just another example) and that's not an option.

Spherico

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]