FORUMS: list search recent posts

couple beginner questions

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rudi Nieuwenhuis
couple beginner questions
on Apr 19, 2018 at 4:28:14 pm

Hi all,
I've got a couple of beginner questions about resolve, hopefully someone can give me some pointers.
First: if i import an image-sequence (exrs from my 3d renders) i would like it to be set to 25fps automatically but i can't find where to do this.
These are in linear colorspace but i only found openFX color space transform to deal with this. I can't image this to be the prefered workflow. Where is the "interpret footage" from AE?

Second: These sequences will get updated frequently, so i would like to be able to replace them in the timeline, like in After Effects, using the alt+drag to just replace. If i try to replace a clip in Resolve i get errors saying the new source does not have enough content, even though the length of the sequence is identical.
What is the best workflow for frequently changing cg in your timeline, keeping all the grades, retimes, fades, etc etc.?

I hope my questions are clear and someone can help me.

Cheers,
Rudi

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
Re: couple beginner questions
on Apr 19, 2018 at 5:33:28 pm

[Rudi Nieuwenhuis] "First: if i import an image-sequence (exrs from my 3d renders) i would like it to be set to 25fps automatically but i can't find where to do this."

I don't know what Resolve does to sequences that have an indeterminate frame rate. You might want to try and set your project settings first and then import your sequences. You can change the frame rate and other stuff in the clip attributes menu.

[Rudi Nieuwenhuis] "These are in linear colorspace but i only found openFX color space transform to deal with this. I can't image this to be the prefered workflow. "

Page 133 in the latest January 2018 Resolve 14.3 manual.

[Rudi Nieuwenhuis] "What is the best workflow for frequently changing cg in your timeline, keeping all the grades, retimes, fades, etc etc.?"

Page 584.

Return to posts index

Rudi Nieuwenhuis
on Apr 19, 2018 at 6:04:21 pm

Thank you for your reply, i apreciate you took the time.
Project settings are set to 25 fps but still sequences get imported as 24fps. I can change them after importing of course, but it's a step likely to be forgotten.

Page 133 does tell me about data levels, but nothing about color spaces. There is no option to select sRGB or linear or anything. It's just levels, video or full. I interpret that as 16-235 or 0-255 but maybe i'm not understanding this correctly.

Page 584 is not the answer to my question neither. It talks about "importing different versions of the same clip, with identical filenames" but this is rarely the case in my experience. When we render stuf, we usually put a versionnumber somewhere in the filename, making the identical filenames not work.

Hope this make my questions a bit clearer.
Cheers,
Rudi

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Apr 19, 2018 at 6:07:27 pm

Read the whole chapters.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]