FORUMS: list search recent posts

TV Logic 4K Monitor for grading

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Douglas Ryan
TV Logic 4K Monitor for grading
on Apr 12, 2018 at 4:50:27 pm

I just came back from NAB. One of the things I was looking for was a 4K grading monitor for broadcast. I looked at high end Eizo Color Edged CG319X and Dell U2718Q graphic monitors but they don't have SDI input or built-in waveform or vector scope.

I saw a Korean brand I hadn't seen before called Postium and I looked at TV Logic , specifically the LUM-313G. I never made it to the central hall so I'm not sure what I missed over there but didn't see Flanders Scientific on the exhibit floor.

I'm not a colorist by trade but I'm responsible for the evaluation and purchase of the gear. I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts regarding TV Logic?

It looked good on the floor but everything looks good on the floor.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Doug Ryan

Return to posts index

Kevin Rag
Re: TV Logic 4K Monitor for grading
on Apr 13, 2018 at 2:16:20 pm

TV Logic are pretty big here in Asia. A lot of post houses here in Singapore and Hong Kong use a TV Logic. A few of my clients use those. From what I’ve seen so far, they are pretty good. The ones I’ve seen are all 1080 monitors though.
I personally use a FS.
Cheers
Kannan

K

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Apr 16, 2018 at 8:36:20 pm

Note: If you look at the cost of 4K Broadcast monitors, you are looking at a $35,000 investment. Not cheap. Which is why most of us still grade 4K downscaled to 1080p on 1080p broadcast monitors...the color space won't change. And if you need to see all the pixels to make sure there's nothing wrong there, get a 4K TV and have that as a second client monitor.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Douglas Ryan
on Apr 17, 2018 at 5:00:25 pm

Thanks Gentlemen... I appreciate the response.

Doug

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]