FORUMS: list search recent posts

Fusion Page Question

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Mathis
Fusion Page Question
on Apr 11, 2018 at 4:01:28 pm

I might be missing something or just completely confused here so any help is greatly appreciated. I noticed that when you color grade a clip you must covert it to a new Fusion clip before going to the Fusion page. The issue is that any color correction is baked in and when you go back to the color page all the settings are at their default. Is there something I am overlooking? I did go to the Fusion page after doing a basic correction but those changes were not reflected in the timeline. Thank you.

Return to posts index

Simon Ubsdell
Re: Fusion Page Question
on Apr 11, 2018 at 4:34:09 pm

[David Mathis] "I noticed that when you color grade a clip you must covert it to a new Fusion clip before going to the Fusion page."

No, you don't necessarily have to create a Fusion clip unless you want to work with multiple layers. You can still position yourself over the clip and go to the Fusion page.

[David Mathis] "The issue is that any color correction is baked in and when you go back to the color page all the settings are at their default. "

That doesn't sound right. The Color page happens after the Fusion page in the order of operations so no grades will be baked in.

Simon Ubsdell
tokyo productions
hawaiki

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Apr 11, 2018 at 6:12:23 pm

The grade I did inside of Resolve is not reflected in the Fusion page. I do understand your earlier posts but wondering why any color grading is not reflected in the Fusion page. For example, a clip has a black and white grade applied yet this is not reflected in the Fusion page. It shows the clip in its original state. Is this to be expected? Is there a setting I am missing somewhere? Thank you.

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Apr 11, 2018 at 6:40:18 pm

The grade is happening after whatever you do in the Fusion page. Check the order of operations in the manual.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]