FORUMS: list search recent posts

Picking your brains on vers 15

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Suszko
Picking your brains on vers 15
on Apr 9, 2018 at 6:59:08 pm

I've actually postponed my FCPX purchase to try this new version 15 out and see if I like it. But I can't get to downloading it for a little while. So I'm wondering how you users of 14 like this upgrade and how you'd compare it to the new FCPX and Motion combo. Especially if you've actually used FCPX relatively recently. I'll come back a few times over the next week or two so see the evolving opinions.

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
Re: Picking your brains on vers 15
on Apr 11, 2018 at 3:04:46 am

When they get it working smoothly it'll be a nice improvement, workflow wise, over v.14. But it's really buggy right now. I can't help you as far as FCPX, I'm on a PC.

Dell XPS 8920
Intel i7 core 7700 build
GeForce GTX 1050ti
32 Gigs of RAM
3 7200 RPM SATA Drives
Windows 10 64-bit
DaVinci Resolve 14.3

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
on Apr 11, 2018 at 3:31:27 pm

I am sticking with v12.5 till summer.
I cant afford any upgrade mishaps like I am dealing with Adobe CC 2018 :P

Return to posts index

Ricardo Marty
on Apr 11, 2018 at 3:35:46 pm

Its not buggy its beta1

Ricardo

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
on Apr 11, 2018 at 4:43:09 pm

I didn't see anyone else trying to help him.

Dell XPS 8920
Intel i7 core 7700 build
GeForce GTX 1050ti
32 Gigs of RAM
3 7200 RPM SATA Drives
Windows 10 64-bit
DaVinci Resolve 14.3

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on Apr 12, 2018 at 9:03:20 am

[Eric Santiago] "I am sticking with v12.5 till summer. I cant afford any upgrade mishaps like I am dealing with Adobe CC 2018 :P"
Resolve 14.3 has been very good for me, and (as I said in another thread) I just did about 100 hours with clients over a 10-day period, and I would guess we had three major crashes and lost about 10 minutes of time in each incident. No actual work was lost (I'm saving every 10 minutes). If that means 99.5 hours of uptime, that's a better average than NASA.

Return to posts index

Andy Winter
on Apr 12, 2018 at 3:33:03 pm

14.3 is very stable indeed. except the raw-projects. and yours wasn't i guess?

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Apr 11, 2018 at 6:17:22 pm

I downloaded the update the day it came out. So far I am liking it in particular the Fusion page. Either this is a bug or something that I don't understand but when I grade a clip and go to the Fusion page the clip shows up in its original state before it was graded. Any color grading is not showing up in the Fusion page. My guess this is to prevent grades from being baked in or there is some kind of bug. It would be nice to see what is going on when effects are applied to the graded footage in the Fusion page with the grade showing up.

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
on Apr 11, 2018 at 8:25:15 pm

Right, same here, the ungraded version of the clip shows up in Fusion. I read where someone else had the same complaint and was told that you're supposed to add your Fusion effects before you grade, which is why the Fusion page comes before the Color page at the bottom of the screen.

Dell XPS 8920
Intel i7 core 7700 build
GeForce GTX 1050ti
32 Gigs of RAM
3 7200 RPM SATA Drives
Windows 10 64-bit
DaVinci Resolve 14.3

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Apr 12, 2018 at 1:17:54 am

Typical workflow in a post pipeline is VFX before color. Not that you can't send color shots to the vfx house, but its not unheard of to send shots for vfx work before color even starts.

Obviously if you are the only one working on it in this scenario, your pipeline becomes less segmented.

But don't forget, fusion actually has a pretty good set of color tools...add them in a node, do a temp color and bypass it before sending back.

Glenn

Return to posts index

David Mathis
on Apr 12, 2018 at 2:07:26 am

I am new this to workflow so it was confusion on my part. I am still trying to get my head around this way of doing things.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]