FORUMS: list search recent posts

Project Manegement

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ron German
Project Manegement
on Apr 7, 2018 at 11:53:26 pm

I`m migrating from Premiere Pro 6 to Resolve 14 as a basic user.
Project management is different and seems more complicated in Resolve. No problem with that.
But my first experiences have driven me crazy.
I save a project and export it as a .drp file to the same hard drive containing all project media.
I don`t now why, when I import this same project to Resolve 14 and try to open it from Project Management, Resolve doesn`t find the media (clips) and just display all timeline as "Media Off Line".
The projects created and kept inside Resolve`s Project Manegement open normally.
The problem occurs when I try to import the .drp file.
Any help with using / importing a Resolve project from outside Resolve`s Project Manegement ?
Thanks
Gerron

Return to posts index

Peter Chamberlain
Re: Project Manegement
on Apr 8, 2018 at 12:39:36 pm

Is the media in the same path as it was when you saved the project before exporting the drp?

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Apr 8, 2018 at 4:41:36 pm

When you open your newly imported project, go to the media tab, and look at all the media there. Where does resolve say it "thinks" this media should be living? (It should be the same location that it was when you originally exported it).

Where is this media actually living now?
Select those clips, and do a relink of clips, or change source folder for those clips...there are a couple of different ways of relinking the media in Resolve, but the basic problem is that you have to tell Resolve where the media is.

If you had all your media on G:\ drive in Premiere, and moved the media to D:\, would premiere launch and find the media, or would you have to tell it where it now is?

Glenn

Return to posts index

Ron German
on Apr 9, 2018 at 9:03:36 pm

Thank you a lot, Glenn.
Gerron

Return to posts index

Ron German
on Apr 9, 2018 at 9:01:50 pm

Other than any mistakes I have made, Yes, same HD, same path.
Thanks
Gerron

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]