FORUMS: list search recent posts

Loop in/out: possible???

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael McCune
Loop in/out: possible???
on Apr 7, 2018 at 6:11:34 pm

Mark In and Out commands are shown in the Mark menu, also showing the keyboard shortcuts i & o, and a looping icon appears alongside the view transport buttons. There are also looping commands in the Playback menu tree.

The manual seems to refer to looping the entire clip only; that is, using the beginning and end points of an entire clip.

How to loop a shorter segment, an In point to an Out point, within a clip???

Also, this puzzling behavior: in the Edit page, using the Mark menu keyboard shortcuts of i & o does not set the in and out points, though those are the keyboard shortcuts shown in the menu. Choosing the menu selection itself does however successfully set the in and out points.

And after using the Mark menu to set the in and out points, then the i and o keys do seem to have an effect as expected.

Likewise, the loop icon/button alongside the view window transport commands seems to have no effect though it lights up.

But using the keyboard Command+/, the Loop on/off keyboard shortcut shown in the Playback menu, does seems to have no effect, as one might expect the transport loop icon to toggle on/off reflecting this command.

Also, the Playback menu option to Play Around to: Play In/Out, using the menu command or that keyboard shortcut, Alt+/, seems to have no effect.

The simple expected behavior is to set the in and out points with the i and o keys, and hit a loop playback button or execute the loop with a keyboard command.

What am I missing???

Anyone with some helpful tips??? Something obvious but overlooked???

Thanks, Mike

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]