FORUMS: list search recent posts

Tracking a "Mouse Pointer".

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joakim Kuusemaa
Tracking a "Mouse Pointer".
on Apr 1, 2018 at 9:31:41 pm

Hi,

So I am working on some screencaptures and I am having a hard time with tracking mouse movements.
I need to track the mouse so I can attach objects/effects to that track so they move with the mouse.
I have tried to do this in several applications but it seems to me that it more or less has to be tracked by hand, the tracker seems to help a little but drops the ball alot.
Is there anything I am missing to make this easier, maybe someone else has had to track mouse movements on static videos/screencaptures and knows how to handle it.
Since I have to do it to many clips I do not wish to it by hand its ok to make a correction here and there but if its fiddly it ends up being too time consuming.

Maybe there is a way to make the footage more palletable for the tracker somehow? When I do the screengrabs I try to be slow and deliberate with my mouse but still. I do my screenrecordings with camtasia by the way.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Tracking a "Mouse Pointer".
on Apr 7, 2018 at 5:34:17 pm
Last Edited By Glenn Sakatch on Apr 7, 2018 at 5:35:16 pm

What applications are you trying it in? How fast is the mouse moving. I would guess fusion could make pretty short work of it with a single point tracker.

As with everything, you may need to do some manual tweaking, but the nature of a mouse's movement should make this pretty simple. Typically there might be a small ramp up and ramp out at the start and end of the movement, but I would think for the most part, the middle section of the mouse going across the screen is pretty linear. (you drag your mouse is fairly straight lines, from point to point, so adjustments should be fairly simple and linear).

Even without tracking I wouldn't think it would be that tough to do some inbetween keyframes and get pretty close with a purely manual "track", as long as your keyframe interpretation is set to linear.

If your mouse is moving so fast that it is a complete blur, than obviously some creative decisions might need to be made.

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]