FORUMS: list search recent posts

Live Capture File Naming in Resolve

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carey Dissmore
Live Capture File Naming in Resolve
on Mar 24, 2018 at 8:35:38 pm

Hi all,
I am configuring a small PC for capture of 1080p SDI signal on set for immediate editing.
Using Resolve instead of Premiere Pro so I can capture to DnXHD 220 in Windows via a Thunderbolt Ultrastudio Mini Recorder. Premiere can only do Uncompressed 8, 10 bit or MJPEG. But I digress.

I've got it all working---except---File name incrementing.

I want to capture files with the Prefix "Proj_XYZ" Where the resulting captured clips have the name "Proj_XYZ 001", "Proj_XYZ 002", "Proj_XYZ 003" and so on, with the numbers incrementing every time I click capture now.

I'm close, but there is a very strange behavior in the Capture window.

If I launch Resolve and do NOTHING, but start capturing, I get clips incrementing with the name "Untitled 1", "Untitled 2", "Untitled 3" and so on. But as soon as I change the file name prefix, the numbering system FAILS, instead overwriting the clip each time unless i manually change the number before each capture.

Is it a bug? or am I missing something?

TIA,
Carey Dissmore

Return to posts index

Carey Dissmore
Re: Live Capture File Naming in Resolve
on Mar 30, 2018 at 2:02:03 am

Just to confirm, working with Dmitry in tech support on the phone today, he was able to recreate the same issue and confirm it was a bug. It will be forwarded to development for a fix, but that fix is not likely to come until after NAB.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]