I am configuring a small PC for capture of 1080p SDI signal on set for immediate editing.
Using Resolve instead of Premiere Pro so I can capture to DnXHD 220 in Windows via a Thunderbolt Ultrastudio Mini Recorder. Premiere can only do Uncompressed 8, 10 bit or MJPEG. But I digress.
I've got it all working---except---File name incrementing.
I want to capture files with the Prefix "Proj_XYZ" Where the resulting captured clips have the name "Proj_XYZ 001", "Proj_XYZ 002", "Proj_XYZ 003" and so on, with the numbers incrementing every time I click capture now.
I'm close, but there is a very strange behavior in the Capture window.
If I launch Resolve and do NOTHING, but start capturing, I get clips incrementing with the name "Untitled 1", "Untitled 2", "Untitled 3" and so on. But as soon as I change the file name prefix, the numbering system FAILS, instead overwriting the clip each time unless i manually change the number before each capture.
Just to confirm, working with Dmitry in tech support on the phone today, he was able to recreate the same issue and confirm it was a bug. It will be forwarded to development for a fix, but that fix is not likely to come until after NAB.