FORUMS: list search recent posts

DaVinci Export color/contrast issues No solved in Data Levels

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christian Lawrence
DaVinci Export color/contrast issues No solved in Data Levels
on Mar 22, 2018 at 7:56:30 pm

Hey guys, sorry I'm sure this is a popular question, nonetheless I have no been able to find a suitable way to fix this issue. After grading to my liking in DaVinci Resolve and them exporting to later use in Premiere Pro, I see a significant loss of color and contrast (or gamma levels?). I tried to the suggested solution of changing the data levels mode between auto, video and full. However with either the auto or video selected in the data levels tab it comes out lacking, and with the "full" selected it comes out to with to much contrast. If anyone knows a reliable solution I would be very grateful. Thank you in advance.

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
Re: DaVinci Export color/contrast issues No solved in Data Levels
on Mar 23, 2018 at 6:23:44 am
Last Edited By Chris Wright on Mar 29, 2018 at 2:13:15 am

is fcp legacy gamma checked in resolve?

use mac display color profile for viewers checkbox.

Return to posts index

Robert Olding
on Mar 27, 2018 at 2:41:47 pm

From page 660 of the current DaVinci Resolve manual ...

"Limitations When Grading With the Viewer on a Computer Display"
"Most computer displays do not operate at the color critical tolerances or specifications required for broadcast or theatrical delivery. An additional issue, however, is that the Viewer does not necessarily display each clip’s image data as it is displayed by the calibration that your operating system applies to your computer display, depending on which OS you’re running DaVinci Resolve on. This makes your computer display potentially unsuitable for monitoring projects destined for the sRGB standard of the web in its default state. For example, if you grade a project using the Color page Viewer on your computer display, the resulting clip may not look the same in the QuickTime player, or in other post-production applications."

If you're not using a reference monitor that's attached to your computer with an I/O device such as a Blackmagic DeckLink what you see is NOT what you get when using Resolve.

Calibrating your computers' monitor with a high end calibrator such as an X-Rite's i1 Pro 2 while using calibration software such as DisplayCal will help alleviate the problem and get you much closer to WYSIWYG.

The developer of DisplayCal has excellent instructions for creating a display LUT for your computer monitor that DaVinci Resolve can use.

DisplayCal's website: https://displaycal.net

Robert Olding

Studio Eight | Director of Photography
http://www.studioeightmn.com
Minneapolis, MN

Return to posts index

Ole Kristiansen
on Mar 27, 2018 at 7:35:01 pm

Hmm, what is the mediainfo of your footage and export info ?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]