FORUMS: list search recent posts

Change the default format on the Deliver page

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Duke Sweden
Change the default format on the Deliver page
on Mar 15, 2018 at 9:57:54 pm

As you know the Deliver page defaults to Quicktime. Is there a way to change the default to, say, MP4, which is the format I render to 99.9% of the time? It's just a minor inconvenience to change it but, you know, I sometimes forget to change it, which can be a major pain on a long render.

Dell XPS 8920
Intel i7 core 7700 build
GeForce GTX 1050ti
32 Gigs of RAM
3 7200 RPM SATA Drives
Windows 10 64-bit
DaVinci Resolve 14.3

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Change the default format on the Deliver page
on Mar 16, 2018 at 12:50:19 am

Just setup everything you want and save it as a custom preset. Then it's just click select on Delivery, name and render.

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
on Mar 16, 2018 at 3:33:23 am

Oh, ok, so you can even save the selections you make on the Delivery page in a preset? I did not know that 😉
Thanks, Michael!

Dell XPS 8920
Intel i7 core 7700 build
GeForce GTX 1050ti
32 Gigs of RAM
3 7200 RPM SATA Drives
Windows 10 64-bit
DaVinci Resolve 14.3

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Mar 16, 2018 at 4:12:18 am

If only there was this tome of information that would have every feature of the program explained in it.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Mar 16, 2018 at 5:47:21 am

[Tero Ahflors] " If only there was this tome of information that would have every feature of the program explained in it."

To be fair Tero, has anyone (apart from your good self) read the whole manual? I prefer to dip in from time to time before embarrassing myself on a forum but much of Resolve and other software I have discovered without completely reading and memorising the manual.

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
on Mar 16, 2018 at 10:57:34 am
Last Edited By Duke Sweden on Mar 16, 2018 at 11:01:44 am

Thanks, Michael! See, Tero? Maybe you should read the manual on how to be nice! J/K, I know you're being facetious, but to add to Michael's response, I DID, in fact, check the manual, but if you don't word your search correctly, nothing comes up. I believe I've made that point before.

Anyway, thanks to both of you. Cheers!

EDIT: It appears that saving the Delivery page settings does NOT, in fact, work. I loaded a preset I created last night with MP4 as the video format to render to but when I opened Resolve this morning it still defaults to Quicktime.

Dell XPS 8920
Intel i7 core 7700 build
GeForce GTX 1050ti
32 Gigs of RAM
3 7200 RPM SATA Drives
Windows 10 64-bit
DaVinci Resolve 14.3

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on Mar 17, 2018 at 8:31:02 am

[Michael Gissing] "To be fair Tero, has anyone (apart from your good self) read the whole manual?"
Yes. I've read the entire manual 2 or 3 times, and I know a few other colorists in LA who've gone through the whole thing. It's not that hard to do.

The plot is a little dull, and the characters are predictable, but there's a few surprises along the way. And the ending comes from out of nowhere and really makes the whole book work.

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
on Mar 17, 2018 at 11:56:09 am

If I didn't come here with my "easily solved by reading the manual" questions Tero would have nothing to do between projects.

Did anyone see my EDIT? The solution offered didn't work. I have my presets which set everything such as timeline resolution, proxy quality, etc, but it doesn't save the settings on the Deliver page.

Dell XPS 8920
Intel i7 core 7700 build
GeForce GTX 1050ti
32 Gigs of RAM
3 7200 RPM SATA Drives
Windows 10 64-bit
DaVinci Resolve 14.3

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Mar 18, 2018 at 5:41:56 am

Saving presets doesn't change the defaults but all you do is select your preset, name and render. I don't even care what the defaults are. I always just select the appropriate saved preset and I have a few or use the Vimeo/ Youtube presets. I usually have a few different render needs from DNx masters to Vimeo versions and client uploads. There is no such thing as a useful default to me.

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
on Mar 18, 2018 at 11:01:02 am

I already have my presets for C4K and for 29.976 clips (I don't know if you've heard but there's a "fix" for the AF on the GH5, but it doesn't work too good on 24p so for now I'm shooting in NTSC 29.97p). I just wanted to be able to save the Deliver page settings as well. It does default to Custom which is what I always use, but the format always defaults to Quicktime. I just wanted it to default to MP4.

btw, I tried the youtube preset once, it scrunched my video from 6GB down to about 500MB, but it looked terrible.

Dell XPS 8920
Intel i7 core 7700 build
GeForce GTX 1050ti
32 Gigs of RAM
3 7200 RPM SATA Drives
Windows 10 64-bit
DaVinci Resolve 14.3

Return to posts index

Ole Kristiansen
on Mar 18, 2018 at 12:10:48 pm

"I tried the youtube preset once, it scrunched my video from 6GB down to about 500MB, but it looked terrible."

Because you forgot to set "youtube preset" to your wishes!

Best,

Ole

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
on Mar 18, 2018 at 2:34:48 pm

Stop reminding me what an idiot I am!!! ;-)

Dell XPS 8920
Intel i7 core 7700 build
GeForce GTX 1050ti
32 Gigs of RAM
3 7200 RPM SATA Drives
Windows 10 64-bit
DaVinci Resolve 14.3

Return to posts index

Ole Kristiansen
on Mar 18, 2018 at 3:39:52 pm

You're not an idiot - you've just gotten a little older and maybe a little bit tired! he he

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
on Mar 18, 2018 at 7:10:50 pm

Well? Wasn't that idiotic of me!?! ;-)

Dell XPS 8920
Intel i7 core 7700 build
GeForce GTX 1050ti
32 Gigs of RAM
3 7200 RPM SATA Drives
Windows 10 64-bit
DaVinci Resolve 14.3

Return to posts index

Bob Cole
on Mar 22, 2018 at 7:27:49 pm

[Duke Sweden] "Well? Wasn't that idiotic of me!?! ;-)"

Tough crowd! If you want to see some stupid questions, just wait until I get started. Wait, I already have.... Don't look me up, please.

Okay, here's a bonus stupid question: How does "Smooth Cut" work? How does it differ from a dissolve?

Bob C

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on Mar 22, 2018 at 8:20:08 pm

[Bob Cole] "Okay, here's a bonus stupid question: How does "Smooth Cut" work? How does it differ from a dissolve?"
Smooth Cut morphs the last few frames of a shot to move the pixels to match the first few frames of the next shot. If you're doing an interview that has a jump-cut, this sometimes will create the "inbetween" frames needed to completely obscure the jump-cut. This is also covered in the manual.

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
on Mar 22, 2018 at 9:14:17 pm

Similar to the "Morph" cut in Premiere Pro, which was launched a few versions ago. Never used it but I've read plenty of complaints about it. I'm glad you asked because thanks to Marc I now know what it's called in Resolve 😉

For the record I'm the class clown around here. I'm an amateur, I don't need 90% of the tools that Resolve provides, but occasionally I know the answer to a question an I'll try to answer it. Other than that, don't take me seriously. My psychiatrist certainly doesn't ;-)

Dell XPS 8920
Intel i7 core 7700 build
GeForce GTX 1050ti
32 Gigs of RAM
3 7200 RPM SATA Drives
Windows 10 64-bit
DaVinci Resolve 14.3

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]