FORUMS: list search recent posts

Showing the WGC difference?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Falconer
Showing the WGC difference?
on Mar 14, 2018 at 2:38:42 pm

Hi All

I'm wondering if anyone knows a way of showing only Rec.2020 gamut colours in an image? I'm working on a way of showing the benefits of HDR for SDR screens. This is NOT a way to show either "superbrights" or WGC on an SDR monitor, just a way to show which regions of a given image use WGC or are superbright. The end effect I'm looking for is to select all regions in the image which make use of colours still within the Rec.709 gamut, desaturate them and then produce a SDR image with the saturated regions showing which parts of the image would make use of the Rec.2020 gamut colours on an HDR monitor. I can then combine this with heatmaps of exposure/scope readings to give SDR users a better idea of which parts of an image benefit the most from HDR.

I've found some monitoring software that uses a chromaticity diagram (Drastic video 4K Scope), but that's not a consumer-friendly way of getting the point across. And also unlikely to be within my budget (which also excludes Baselight).

If anyone has any ideas I'd be very grateful.

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
Re: Showing the WGC difference?
on Mar 16, 2018 at 3:09:51 am

hdr is 1000 nits by definition. in photoshop, assign color profile then view show gamut warning. you can select what color is warning. you then increase saturation until warning colors show.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]