FORUMS: list search recent posts

Permission alerts

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bruce Gaber
Permission alerts
on Mar 13, 2018 at 1:43:03 pm

Lately each time I open a project or try to save it for the first time in a session I get three warnings that DR can't find the path and/or permissions are not set to read/write. The permissions are, in fact, correct as are the paths. I am able to open projects without the media being offline and to save normally after canceling the permissions alert. So I think things are working properly (tho as we can't view the actual project files location it still leaves me a feeling a little insecure).

Any idea of what is going on and how to fix it? It's not a deal-breaker, but it is pretty annoying (and a bit worrisome)

Thanks

Bruce

Photographer / Motion Graphics Artist
Vision Rising

vimeo.com/BodhiBruce
visionrising.com

Dance Without Reason

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: Permission alerts
on Mar 14, 2018 at 2:36:11 am

I would try deleting all the Media Storage paths from Preferences, then re-select the drives and make sure they're listed in the window in the correct order, with the top-most drive for Gallery stills and Cache files. I would also make sure you repair permissions on this drive within the OS and make sure it's got sufficient space to do what you need to do.

I run into this sometimes when I have to move a project from my system to a client's system at another facility, but I get around that by bringing along the Cache drive. As long as that path is visible, it can work pretty seamlessly.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]