FORUMS: list search recent posts

Text in an interlaced sequence.

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shane Ross
Text in an interlaced sequence.
on Mar 9, 2018 at 6:59:29 pm

OK, I have the deliverable of 1080i59.94...and pretty much all of the footage in the project is interlaced...it's old film scans of footage transferred to BetaSP or Umatic...so 3:2 pulldown. And then video of news broadcasts. So I have VIDEO FIELD PROCESSING enabled in the Project Settings.

Only issue is that..well...that makes text look like poop. Combing galore. If I disable VIDEO FIELD PROCESSING it looks good...but it's deinterlaced...and then the interlaced footage has the combing baked in.

If I leave it like this (unchecked) but check FIELD RENDERING in the Delivery page, it'll output a video flagged as interlaced, but that same baked in combing look is on the footage.

I know Resolve and Interlacing aren't the best of friends, but how do I export with good looking text? This doesn't happen in Avid or Premiere Pro...text doesn't look like crap in an interlaced project.

The text, BTW, is rendered out of After Effects at UHD ProRes 4444...some have alphas, but not all. And progressive. ALL of them look fine in other NLE's interlaced projects...but like poop in Resolve.

Resolve 12.5.3. Thx

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
Re: Text in an interlaced sequence.
on Mar 10, 2018 at 9:27:02 pm
Last Edited By Tero Ahlfors on Mar 10, 2018 at 9:51:39 pm

There's been a lot of title/interlacing related things with Resolve so I would probably render a master out and add the texts in a software that can do the job like you want it to.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]