FORUMS: list search recent posts

UltraStudio Mini Monitor: box gone bad?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean Sartori
UltraStudio Mini Monitor: box gone bad?
on Mar 7, 2018 at 4:49:33 am
Last Edited By Sean Sartori on Mar 7, 2018 at 4:49:58 am

I'm in the middle of grading an SD doc. I went to get dinner, leaving the system on. When i came back there was a scanline artifact in the middle of the screen. kind of sideways, and flickering a bit. Not visible in Resolve windows, only on Flanders monitor connected via SDI to BMD Ultrastudio mini monitor.
Rebooted, shutting down the box and the monitor, restarted, same thing. Tried other media at different codecs and sizes, and other projects, same thing. Only appears on the broadcast monitor. Also appears when viewing on the monitor in Premiere, so its not a Resolve issue.
Updated Desktop Video to the latest drivers. Rebooted and the line artifact had faded, still slightly visible but now the entire playback is bad, with stuttering and visible interlacing, with or without "enable field processing" on. And other barely visible artifacting happening.
I have to connect another signal to the Flanders to verify that its not the monitor, but it looks like the UltraStudio box has gone bad. Anyone else ever have a problem with this?

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: UltraStudio Mini Monitor: box gone bad?
on Mar 7, 2018 at 8:07:13 am

My advice would be to fire up the standalone Blackmagic Media Express application, load in a file of known quality, and play it back to the monitor. If it looks bad there, then I would suspect the box or the cable going to the monitor.

Return to posts index

Sean Sartori
Re: UltraStudio Mini Monitor: box gone bad?
on Mar 7, 2018 at 3:19:01 pm

Yup, I'm seeing it when playing out of the Blackmagic application. With normal pro res footage there is a crooked, flickering scanline. With SD footage playback is jittery and there are field artifacts all over the place.

I'll swap the cable to eliminate that possibility, and then I guess its a call to BMD. The box is only a few months old.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]