FORUMS: list search recent posts

Copy and paste OpenFX filters & attributes?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Russ Johnson
Copy and paste OpenFX filters & attributes?
on Mar 3, 2018 at 4:46:51 pm

Hi,

I can see how to copy and paste video attributes from a clip on a timeline to other clips, but I can't see how to copy an OpenFX filter (in this case Soften & Sharpen) and its settings applied to a clip and paste those to other clips in the timeline. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Copy and paste OpenFX filters & attributes?
on Mar 4, 2018 at 8:03:55 pm

You would select the node with the ofx plugin ..ctrl c or command c... and then paste it onto a new node on another clip. Or grab a still of a clip if it only has the ofx plugin you want.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on Mar 5, 2018 at 1:12:57 am

[Russ Johnson] "I can see how to copy and paste video attributes from a clip on a timeline to other clips, but I can't see how to copy an OpenFX filter (in this case Soften & Sharpen) and its settings applied to a clip and paste those to other clips in the timeline. "
There's a couple of ways to do it:

1) highlight the clips you want to change. Add the clips into a New Group by right-clicking the thumbnail -- you could call the group "Soften-Sharpen." In either Pre-Clip Grade or Post-Clip Grade, create a node and cut-and-paste the settings you want from the Soften & Sharpen OFX plug-in.

2) Have a node at the very end of the node graph with the Soften & Sharpen OFX grade (only) in it. Now, highlight all the clips you want to change. Under the Color menu, choose "Append Node to Selected Clips." Now, those shots will have a new node at the end with only the Soften & Sharpen correction added.

What can also be helpful is to have a fixed node tree that has (say) a dozen or two dozen pre-labeled nodes for every single shot, even if most of them are de-activated. This way, if you decide to make a change on a specific node, you just change that one node and ripple it to the entire timeline (or whatever shots you need to change).

Return to posts index

Russ Johnson
on Mar 5, 2018 at 4:48:45 pm

Thanks for the replies guys. I follow on some limited level, but it's mostly "Greek" to me - old Avid/FCP7 habits die hard.

Consequentially, it looks like I'm going to be in the market for some on-line Resolve training. If you have any recommendations, let me know.

Thanks again.

-Russ

Return to posts index

Russ Johnson
on Mar 5, 2018 at 5:38:04 pm

Hi again,

Just blundered through putting a LUT and applying the OFX "Soften & Sharpen" on a node. Really like the node work flow so far.

-Russ
(neophyte Resolve user)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]