FORUMS: list search recent posts

glitches in video

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bruce Gaber
glitches in video
on Mar 2, 2018 at 9:51:19 pm

I recently returned to some important footage and discovered that it was infested with glitches...color bars & distorted images. The original footage was clean (I managed to find a copy of it), but it was somehow damaged on the system. The drive I was using was a 4 TB OWC Mercury Elite Pro Dual with a pair of Hitachi drives operating in RAID 0. Now as part of a complete re-working of my archive / back-up architecture I am finding more examples of the problem. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might have caused this? And more to the point how canI avoid it in the future?

Thanks to all

Bruce

Photographer / Motion Graphics Artist
Vision Rising

vimeo.com/BodhiBruce
visionrising.com

Dance Without Reason

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
Re: glitches in video
on Mar 3, 2018 at 1:02:18 pm

This may sound stupid since I'm an amateur with just a fairly fast but not extraordinary PC, but is it possible a connection got loose or went bad on the drive holding the video with the glitches? Is the clean video on a different drive? If so, have you tried copying it to the same drive as the glitchy video to see if it also then becomes glitchy? Or vice versa?

Just a thought from a simple mind.

Dell XPS 8920
Intel i7 core 7700 build
GeForce GTX 1050ti
32 Gigs of RAM
3 7200 RPM SATA Drives
Windows 10 64-bit
DaVinci Resolve 14.3

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: glitches in video
on Mar 5, 2018 at 1:16:26 am

[Bruce Gaber] "I recently returned to some important footage and discovered that it was infested with glitches...color bars & distorted images. The original footage was clean (I managed to find a copy of it), but it was somehow damaged on the system."
Is it possible to open the original session and see if the material in it is good or bad?

Which version of Resolve? What OS? What hardware (CPU, GPU, RAM, I/O)? What type of camera source files?

The Trashcan Macs are known to introduce glitches in renders on occasion, due to the AMD GPUs overheating. (Google "MacPro Video Glitch.")

This is one of those cases where unfortunately, it's important to QC the material before it ships to the client to make sure you catch any issues prior to delivery. Even when I'm sure the system is good, I try to spot check the files in at least a dozen or more places for a few minutes.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]