FORUMS: list search recent posts

Color Shift

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nelson Torres
Color Shift
on Feb 6, 2018 at 11:36:21 pm

I have a clip (Panasonic Varicam MXF) that I’m working with in After effects & Resolve. The issue I’m having is that I export the shot (exported out Apple ProRes 422), work with it in After effects, render it out, then reimport it into Resolve I get a significant color shift. When I export it out of Resolve, import it into After effects, render it out it looks like this in Quicktime (and AE when I reimport into AE to check the color):

The problem I have is when I reimport into Resolve it looks like this:

Initially I thought it was applying the LUT(Panasonic Varicam) twice. So I disabled the LUT in the project settings and reimported and it still looked the same. I checked the clip to make sure it was not using the LUT and it wasn’t.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
Re: Color Shift
on Feb 7, 2018 at 4:53:57 am

What are you doing to the clip in AE? What are your color management settings?

Return to posts index

Nelson Torres
on Feb 7, 2018 at 8:05:11 am

In After Effects I'm compositing a green screen of the kid jumping over the exterior. I applied no color management in AE. Here are the color management settings in Resolve. (Thanks for your help.)

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
on Feb 7, 2018 at 11:46:34 am

My guess is, every time you import a file into Resolve you're applying the 3D LUT, VLog_to_V709_forV35_ver101.

Dell XPS 8920
Intel i7 core 7700 build
GeForce GTX 1050ti
32 Gigs of RAM
3 7200 RPM SATA Drives
Windows 10 64-bit
DaVinci Resolve 14.2

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Feb 7, 2018 at 12:36:46 pm

Duke has a point. Is there a reason you're using an input LUT in Resolve? If you render something out of AE then you shouldn't use any LUTs unless you've used a viewing LUT only (not rendered into the export) in AE.

Return to posts index

Nelson Torres
on Feb 15, 2018 at 2:43:22 am

Yes. that was the problem. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Brent Marginet
on Feb 15, 2018 at 12:00:40 am

Are you viewing this on your computer monitor. If so Resolve often make things look darker than Avid, Premiere, After Effects or QuickTime. If your on a Mac there is a checkbox in settings to turn off something like "Use Mac Colour Profile" or something like that. Turning that off seems to make your viewer window more true to your actual colour.

Hopefully I'm interpreting your post properly and this helps you.

"MY MEDIA/PROJECT MOTTO: If you think three copies of your Media or Projects are enough. Take a moment to place a value on them and then maybe add two more.
Hard Drives are now stupidly cheap. A RE-SHOOT AND YOUR TIME AREN'T."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]