FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sky Replacement Tracking with long pan

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick Taylor
Sky Replacement Tracking with long pan
on Feb 6, 2018 at 6:26:39 am

Hi all,

I have a tracking issue I'm hoping someone out there can help me with.

I'm working in Resolve 14.2

For all my previous sky replacements with moving cameras, I've employed the somewhat old, but tried and true, methodof adding an Alpha Out node and pulling a key to punch a hole thus revealing the video track below. For the tracking I would simply stabilize the original sky and then copy that track to the new sky with reverse stabilization.

This time, however, I'm attempting a sky replacement on a shot that has a very long pan. It's long enough that there is no point in the shot that stays on screen for the entire duration of the shot, plus, there are actors that pass in front of the camera from time to time and move in front of the parts of the screen that I need to track. In short, it's a nightmare as I can't get the tracking info I need.

I do realize that there's a new OFX "Match Move" tool with Resolve Studio 14, but it tracks single points and, like I said, I have no points that stay on screen and are not obscured by people.

I'm thinking that I'll need to track several parts of the screen at different times during the shot and somehow combine that data - but I don't know how. I'd love to stay in Resolve, if possible. Any ideas?

Many thanks!

-Pat Taylor

http://colourskyfilms.com
ptaylor@colourskyfilms.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]