FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sub clip bins

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bruce Gaber
Sub clip bins
on Feb 5, 2018 at 7:33:28 pm

As I explore whether I want to make the transition from Premier to Resolve I can't find one of the very useful features to me from Pr. That is the ability to make sub clips and store them in a bin. I'm having to breakdown some long footage and save the clips for later use. I tried making clips and dropping them in the time line and then drag/dropping them into a bin, but the result seems to be multiple copies of the entire timeline, not the individual clips. Seems like there must be a way to do this, but I'm not seeing it.

Thanks

Bruce

Photographer / Motion Graphics Artist
Vision Rising

vimeo.com/BodhiBruce
visionrising.com

Dance Without Reason

Return to posts index

Mathew Farrell
Re: Sub clip bins
on Mar 22, 2018 at 5:26:33 am

Hi Bruce,

Did you figure this out yet?
If not, when you've got a clip in the source window, mark in and out points, then right click over the scrubber/timeline thing, and there's an option to make subclip (or option-B on Mac). The subclip ends up with the same filename as the original, sadly. The only way I've found of changing this is to right-click that subclip in the bin and change attributes. The last tab has a display name. Stupidly, I don't think there's a way to see the display name in the icon view, but in list view of a bin, Display name is one of the column options. It all works fine, but like a lot of Resolve, there are too many mouse clicks for this to be smooth.

Mathew Farrell
flowstate.com.au

Return to posts index

Bruce Gaber
Re: Sub clip bins
on Mar 29, 2018 at 12:13:17 pm

Thanks Mathew

This is a big help. Boy that was obscure. Never even thought to right click on the jog bar.

Bruce

Photographer / Motion Graphics Artist
Vision Rising

vimeo.com/BodhiBruce
visionrising.com

Dance Without Reason

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]