FORUMS: list search recent posts

H265 into DaVinci Resolve

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Lewis
H265 into DaVinci Resolve
on Jan 26, 2018 at 12:11:43 am

So I understand that it does not natively work so what I did was convert the video into another format so the format that I did convert it to works however it's painful to edit with with the choppy video when trying to sync my external audio with the video.. I was wondering if converting to another format would be better off?

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: H265 into DaVinci Resolve
on Jan 26, 2018 at 1:42:28 am

What format did you convert to? What hard drive are you using and how is it connected? What machine & OS? What frame rate and pixel aspect? What software are you using to convert with?

Return to posts index

Michael Lewis
on Jan 26, 2018 at 2:03:08 am

I'm converting it into .mov H264 it's 1080P I have a 3TB hard internal hard drive connected to the computer running Windows 10 with a 30 fps frame rate.

As for the pixel aspect I'm not sure where to find that info at.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Jan 26, 2018 at 2:46:52 am
Last Edited By Michael Gissing on Jan 26, 2018 at 2:47:41 am

H264 is a difficult codec for some computers so that's why I asked what machine. If it is a laptop or an old PC the CPU might not be coping. Also when you say internal HD, is that your system drive as well? HD (1080 which is also the vertical pixel aspect) is not difficult for most machines.

If your conversion software can output DNxHD that is a much better choice to edit with. Also best practice is for your media to be on a different drive to your system (C:) drive. If an external drive preferably USB3 or better. It's difficult to guess the problems without some basic info but that's my best guess

Return to posts index

Michael Lewis
on Jan 26, 2018 at 9:00:36 am

I'm using wondershare it seems like it can do DNxHD but it says only for mac so maybe that's why it wont show on my program
https://videoconverter.wondershare.com/tech-spec.html#this

for me all the outputs show as H264 and the hard drive my system is on a SSD and my video on the 3TB drive

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]