FORUMS: list search recent posts

Relinking from AVID

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joseph Berg
Relinking from AVID
on Jan 23, 2018 at 6:56:59 pm

Hey everyone!

So, running into a little bit of an issue here. I'm trying to color my sequence that was built in AVID in Resolve. I relinked to my raw footage in a 29.97 project (which is coming from a Canon 6D and a Canon C300). On top of that, the footage is a mixture of 23.976 and 29.97. Everything relinked correctly and I went to export my AAF. No problems.

When I go to import the aaf in Resolve, however, my footage in 23.976 is the only stuff that shows up. Having a difficult time relinking to the rest of the footage. I'm even locating the files on the hard drives and importing to my media pool that way, and it still won't relink.

I'm guessing the problem is resonating with the mixed frame rate. My only guess is that I need to create another aaf for the 29.97 footage or the 23.976 footage. But, I'm wondering if anyone here has some suggestions?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Relinking from AVID
on Jan 24, 2018 at 1:58:11 am

No, mixed frame rates don't really matter. TAPE ID/REEL/SOURCE ID do...they do matter. And footage imported into Avid and, well, ANY NLE outside of old FCP 7, doesn't add this information. So it's something you need to add manually, in Avid. And THEN export the AAF.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Neil Sadwelkar
on Jan 24, 2018 at 2:06:17 pm

If the footage is from Canon 6D and other DSLRs, then the Reel Info or Tape info column will likely be blank.
Was the footage originally imported into Avid directly for editing, or converted to DNxHD and then taken into Avid?

Mixed frame rate AAFs are a bit dodgy particularly if there's no Reel info and there are TC and/or filename repeats.

-----------------------------------
Neil Sadwelkar
neilsadwelkar.blogspot.com
twitter: fcpguru
FCP Editor, Edit systems consultant
Mumbai India

Return to posts index

Joseph Berg
on Jan 24, 2018 at 10:25:57 pm

Yeah, this footage was transcoded into a DNXHD codec within the AVID.

Do I need to make sure the Reel, Tape ID, and Source ID all match? I know I can manually change the Tape ID, but can I do that for the Reel and Source ID as well?

Return to posts index

Joseph Berg
on Jan 24, 2018 at 11:07:05 pm

I'm force conforming the clips in resolve, but they won't sync up to timecode. I'm out of ideas. :(

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]