FORUMS: list search recent posts

Setting location for saved projects

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bruce Gaber
Setting location for saved projects
on Jan 21, 2018 at 3:31:14 pm

I realize this is an incredibly naive question, but I just can't figure it out. Where, exactly, are my project saves going? I'd like to be able to put them in my main project folders along with other media. But when I do a "save as", unlike virtually every program I've ever used on a Mac, there is no opportunity to set a destination folder. I tried to set this up in preferences System>media storage, but that doesn't seem to work. Projects settings does not seem to have an option to select the destination for saves. I seem to be missing something very fundamental here.

Thanks as always

Bruce

Photographer / Motion Graphics Artist
Vision Rising

vimeo.com/BodhiBruce
visionrising.com

Dance Without Reason

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
Re: Setting location for saved projects
on Jan 21, 2018 at 3:39:52 pm

Your projects are saved in the database you created the first time you started Resolve. If you want to make a file from your project you can right click the project on the welcome screen and export it.

Return to posts index

Bruce Gaber
on Jan 21, 2018 at 3:50:44 pm

Thanks!

Photographer / Motion Graphics Artist
Vision Rising

vimeo.com/BodhiBruce
visionrising.com

Dance Without Reason

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on Jan 23, 2018 at 2:37:05 am

[Bruce Gaber] "Where, exactly, are my project saves going? I'd like to be able to put them in my main project folders along with other media. But when I do a "save as", unlike virtually every program I've ever used on a Mac, there is no opportunity to set a destination folder."
You can do this if you EXPORT the project as a DRP, and it will give you a traditional OS destination drive/folder window. I try to export a backup project every single day when I finish (or, if it's a long day, in the middle of a day at a meal break). It's extremely rare that I ever need the backups, but they're nice to have for that 1 out of 100 situation where a hard drive goes south or something.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]