FORUMS: list search recent posts

USB Micro and DaVinci Resolve on MAC PROBLEM

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
loïc gagnant
USB Micro and DaVinci Resolve on MAC PROBLEM
on Jan 19, 2018 at 11:07:12 am

Hello all,

I search a solution to have a USB Microphone (SAMSON or BLUE MIC) to be recognised by Fairlight for a voice over to be recorded..

On a PC, i've found the solution to install asio4all and it works, but on Mac, i haven't found the way to do it.

Have you allready found how to use USB mic on mac?

Do Fairlight work with CoreAudio?

Thank you very much for your help

Loïc

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: USB Micro and DaVinci Resolve on MAC PROBLEM
on Jan 21, 2018 at 10:50:41 pm

Unless something has changed, Resolve has always required a Blackmagic I/O device, and that would include audio recording. I don't think a USB microphone will work, unless you can plug it into an external card from BM like the intensity...and even then I'm not sure how it would work.... never used one, but audio only recording has always been a bit of a touchy subject with Resolve. Used to be we had to have a video signal going into the box, even if we only wanted to record audio. I'm assuming this will change for Fairlight, but not sure if it has yet or not.

Glenn

Return to posts index

loïc gagnant
Re: USB Micro and DaVinci Resolve on MAC PROBLEM
on Jan 22, 2018 at 8:46:00 am

Hi Glenn,

In Fairlight, there are some solutions to record voice over.
In the mixing panel, you can patch your input source in the track you want to use for the voice over.

With my PC, it works fine just with a USB microphone; I only have install an Asio4all driver to have my USB microphone ready to be used.

My question, if someone has already tried this on Mac: I don't find a solution to make my USB microphone recognized by Resolve.
I've tried all that I know (audio and midi setup...), But without success.

Si i search a solution like the one i've found with my PC.

Thanks a lot.

Loïc

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]