FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio Envelopes & Ripple Inquiries in 14

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Barraclough
Audio Envelopes & Ripple Inquiries in 14
on Jan 1, 2018 at 12:01:25 pm

Good Day!

I am a Resolve 14 Newbie - but a quick learner. I have been a Vegas Pro 10 -14 user over the years, and there is some advice please which may induce me to eventually gravitate over.

1. Audio Envelope: This may have a different description in Resolve 14 to Vegas Pro, but I want to set lower background music during speech overs, then raise them again. In Vegas Pro, an envelope line can be set on audio timeline with key frame markers to shift the volume up and down.

2. Ripple effect: Often I want to extend a video clip length to accommodate the length of a voice over. This means being able to Ripple Shift all following video & audio clips together to accommodate the required space and then bring them all back again to abut the extended video clip.

3. In Vegas Pro one can add say a FX in the timeline header which affects all clips that follow. A great time saver. Is this possible in Resolve 14?

Unlike Vegas Pro, I must say I am impressed "Stabilizer" is included in Resolve 14. Having not used it yet, I wonder whether it is as effective as proDAD's excellent dedicated offering.

Regards from UK,
Daniel Barraclough

WIN10, Threadripper

Return to posts index

Daniel Barraclough
Re: Audio Envelopes & Ripple Inquiries in 14
on Jan 21, 2018 at 6:25:04 pm

Good day Gentlemen,

In hindsight of not receiving any reply, on reflection, I wish to apologise for asking too basic a question towards such an august group of professionals. I hope to ask more profound questions when I am self-taught. I expect though we all started at a basic level in video editing and progressed from there.

All the best,
Daniel Barraclough, UK

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
Re: Audio Envelopes & Ripple Inquiries in 14
on Jan 22, 2018 at 12:20:14 pm
Last Edited By Duke Sweden on Jan 22, 2018 at 12:23:37 pm

These guys are extremely helpful. Sometimes a question slips through the cracks. I myself am a rank amateur whose questions should make this forum cringe, but they always get answered fairly quickly and respectfully. I'm sure yours will as well.

I think one of the questions you asked was about what's called an adjustment layer in Premiere Pro, where you can add a layer and add effects that affect all of the clips in a timeline. I know there isn't but there's also a workaround for that. I had asked the same question myself. Of course I've forgotten the solution.

Anyway, in the meantime you could try those questions in the manual. Sometimes the answer pops up.

EDIT: Try reading this post about adjustment layers. It might be what you're looking for:
https://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/277/35278

Dell XPS 8920
Intel i7 core 7700 build
GeForce GTX 1050ti
32 Gigs of RAM
3 7200 RPM SATA Drives
Windows 10 64-bit
DaVinci Resolve 14.2

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]