Davinic Resolve Performance Issues
on Dec 10, 2017 at 10:15:31 pm

My Specs:

CUP: I7 7700HQ 2.8ghz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6gb
SSD: Hynix 512gb
RAM: 8gb

Settings:

- Performance mode (doesn't make difference rather on or off)
- Full resolution playback (attempted to set this to half and quarter but stills same issue)

Footage in Timeline: 1080p Resolution, 60fps

When I attempt to edit 1080p footage it plays back fine if it is only the clip itself. I can add cuts, transitions and so on and no problem occurs. However if I try speeding up the clip it starts to stutter. Mainly my cpu is being pushed to the limit during a clip speed increase putting my cpu constantly at 80-85%+. However the odd thing is my FPS dot in Davinci Resolve stays green indicating it should be running smooth at max fps with no stutter. All other resources are not being utilized fully GPU hovers around 15% usage, ram barely used, disk usage is at 0% and ram is only 1.5gb used.

At this point totally lost on what the bottle neck is since all thing indicate that it should run smoothly.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Davinic Resolve Performance Issues
on Dec 11, 2017 at 8:11:06 am

What is the codec of this footage? H.264? AVCHD? Or something like ProRes or DNxHD?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Allen Smith
on Dec 12, 2017 at 9:14:48 pm

I believe it is h.264 from DJI drone footage.

Return to posts index

Andy Winter
on Dec 11, 2017 at 7:26:16 pm

60fps 1080p seems like a lot. depending on your codec you need quite some bandwith hdd-wise. adding speed changes on top i wouldnt expect realtime performance on your machine. but you can always cache the clip to judge in realtime...

Return to posts index

Allen Smith
on Dec 11, 2017 at 9:58:17 pm

To the best of my knowledge it is h.264 footage from a dji drone but not 100% sure I just know that it is some type of h. footage but it could be h.265 but likely h.264.

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on Dec 12, 2017 at 11:23:54 am

[Allen Smith] "To the best of my knowledge it is h.264 footage from a dji drone but not 100% sure I just know that it is some type of h. footage but it could be h.265 but likely h.264."
I don't think your machine is powerful enough to handle a challenge like this. Your choice would be to use a machine with (say) 32GB or 64GB of RAM, at least an 8-core processor (if not 16 or more), dual GPUs (at least 1080's or bigger). One possible workaround would be to transcode the material to a simpler codec first, like DNxHR, and see if that helps.

Return to posts index

Allen Smith
on Dec 12, 2017 at 9:13:20 pm

I'm kind of confused that you would say it is the GPU because when I view resource monitor it barely uses the GPU at all no where near full load. In terms of ram I still have plenty left over it is not maxed out but I usually close all programs since I know my system doesn't have a lot of ram. I don't think it is a system hardware issue as almost none of my components are maxed out according to task manager.

Here is the breakdown:

CPU 80 - 85% usage
GPU 15% usage
Disk Usage 0%
Ram 1.5GB used

Return to posts index

Allen Smith
on Dec 11, 2017 at 10:02:04 pm

Actually disk usage is at 0% so that is not even being utilized so I don't think that is a bottle neck.

Return to posts index

Allen Smith
on Dec 12, 2017 at 9:14:14 pm

when viewing task manager it shows 0% usage of hdd so that isn't the bottle neck in this case.

Return to posts index

John Knapich
on Dec 13, 2017 at 10:52:06 pm

Check your settings to make sure you are utilizing CUDA.

2012 Mac Tower
Nvidia Quadro 4000
Blackmagic Decklink Extreme 3D+

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Dec 14, 2017 at 2:51:10 pm

8 gigs of ram is not enough. It says it is only 1.5 gigs...maybe that is all that is left for it to use? In your preferences, how much ram are you allowing Resolve to access?

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]