FORUMS: list search recent posts

Save project settings as presets?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Knight
Save project settings as presets?
on Dec 9, 2017 at 7:01:30 pm

I do not want to reset the project settings for every new project because I usually need the same settings. How can I save these settings as presets?

Windows 10, i7, 32 GB RAM

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Save project settings as presets?
on Dec 9, 2017 at 8:28:53 pm

It’s the same with every NLE. You save a project that contains all your favorite settings, and you open that and do a “save as” every time you start a new project.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on Dec 10, 2017 at 2:31:52 am

[David Roth Weiss] "It’s the same with every NLE. You save a project that contains all your favorite settings, and you open that and do a “save as” every time you start a new project."
That's exactly what I do: use an empty "template" project with all the bins, project settings, render destinations, effects, and so on already set up, then do a Save As to the name of the new session. There's a lot of little settings that do not save as part of a project config.

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
on Dec 10, 2017 at 3:52:22 am

I know I'm just stupid old me, but what I did was create a project with all my settings (timeline 4096x2160, etc.) click on the gear in the lower right corner, choose "Presets" and saved it. I named it Sparky after my dog. No, just kidding, I named it Template, and I can just create a new project and choose that preset. Is that any different from what you guys suggested?

Dell XPS 8920
Intel i7 core 7700 build
GeForce GTX 1050ti
32 Gigs of RAM
3 7200 RPM SATA Drives
Windows 10 64-bit
DaVinci Resolve 14.0.1

Return to posts index

Tom Knight
on Dec 10, 2017 at 9:57:23 am

Thank you all for your tips, that's great. You helped me very well.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]