FORUMS: list search recent posts

A Good Work Flow With Speed Changes and Different Frame Rates Adobe to DaVinci

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Terry Leahy
A Good Work Flow With Speed Changes and Different Frame Rates Adobe to DaVinci
on Dec 9, 2017 at 3:56:58 pm

Hi Guys,

Been roundtripping for years between AVID and Adobe to DaVinci and Back and usually don't have much trouble if I'm all in one frame rate. But when I edit a mixed frame project using 24 and 60p or just doing general speed manipulations in Adobe/AVID, they almost never translate in DaVinci. Does anybody have a good method of making this work better? Sometimes it comes into DaVinci but not in the right places or the speed manipulations or other times it works in DaVinci and doesn't work when it goes back to Adobe. Anybody have methods around this?

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: A Good Work Flow With Speed Changes and Different Frame Rates Adobe to DaVinci
on Dec 10, 2017 at 2:34:01 am

The information is not provided for a seamless transfer between edit platforms in XML. This is a problem when exchanging between Avid, Premiere, FCPX, Resolve, damn near anything. It's possible that if the industry ever goes with an "XML 3.0," then stuff like speed ramps, complex speed changes, and other factors could be mapped out. Even then, because optical flow is calculated slightly differently between applications, that will inevitably be a little off as well.

Return to posts index

Terry Leahy
Re: A Good Work Flow With Speed Changes and Different Frame Rates Adobe to DaVinci
on Dec 10, 2017 at 2:25:27 pm

Yeah that's kind of what I figured. So I guess I should not have offline editors do any speed manipulations is the only way around this. Bummer. Feels like there should be an opportunity here.

Return to posts index

Mike Most
on Dec 20, 2017 at 5:39:03 pm

With recent versions of Avid, the exchange of speed information (including keyframed changes) with recent Resolve versions (i.e., anything from 12.5 on) is reasonably seamless.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]