FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is a Clilp an organized media or not?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Knight
Is a Clilp an organized media or not?
on Dec 7, 2017 at 5:53:39 pm

I'm a German, execuse my bad English please.

Here is my question:

How can I check in the media pool whether a clip is already an organized media or not? Is there any way to mark theese clips? As automatic as possible?

Windows 10, i7, 32 GB RAM

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Is a Clilp an organized media or not?
on Dec 8, 2017 at 1:13:19 am

I'm sorry, I don't know what you mean by that? What is an organized media? To me, that means making bins in the Media Pool to separate media by type, and location, and take, subject, whathaveyou. That you need to do manually, it doesn't just happen. I make bins for my sequences, bins for the video media, bins for audio media, and so on.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on Dec 8, 2017 at 5:47:55 am

[Tom Knight] "How can I check in the media pool whether a clip is already an organized media or not? Is there any way to mark theese clips? As automatic as possible?"
You can tell if the clip is used in a timeline by enabling the "Usage" column in the Media Pool, then highlighting all the media, right-clicking and choosing "Update Usage." This will tell you how many times a clip has been used in the project. If the column is blank, it's not currently being used and can (theoretically) be deleted without affecting the project.

Return to posts index

Tom Knight
on Dec 8, 2017 at 7:43:09 am

Oh, of course I mean OPTIMIZED media.
So sorry.

Thanks for your answers, Shane and Marc.

Windows 10, i7, 32 GB RAM

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]