FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio export

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ken Filewych
Audio export
on Dec 5, 2017 at 2:20:13 am

Hey Gang,

So I'm trying to prepare a finished project for audio. Is it still the case that I can't export a proper AAF? I've tried all of the" handles" work arounds and had some success but I still have a question. Is it possible to export an audio only EDL? I've poured through the manual and don't see it.

My project has the Alexa files synced to secondary record files. Is there a way to keep the original audio file names on any exports from Resolve? (right now the audio files display name is what video they are linked to)

Thanks
Ken

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: Audio export
on Dec 7, 2017 at 5:02:45 pm

Hey, Ken...

Its not the good old days of OMF anymore... sadly. I just worked through something like this with Johnny B. and eventually we had to resort to an XML or AAF out to Premiere (local circumstances in the studio where the project was based) and then exported a ProTools-compatible EDL from there. It still didn't keep the original names, everything was "Untitled." It was a short short but overall the schedule was so after midnight he just threw in the towel, and decided to hand-relink because at least the source codes were right.

I know this is not helpful in a positive sense. But I think 14 is still not really ready for Prime Time, and it is Fairlight - holding things back for the moment, but once it works and the hooks agree, then it will be business time.

jPo, CSI

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]