FORUMS: list search recent posts

Color space issue at render

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nicolas Chausson
Color space issue at render
on Nov 25, 2017 at 5:16:14 pm

Hi,

I color graded a video on resolve and rendered it in ProRes 422 HQ. The video graded on Resolve looks like this:

Now I want to put it on After Effects but when I import it that looks different, like this :

The video rendered on Resolve looks good on QuickTime, it's only when I import it on After Effects that changes something as you can see.

I think it's about a color space configuration on After, I try to change it but i can't find exactly the look I had on Resolve.

First, do you know if it's really a color space issue? In that case how could I know the color space used on Resolve to make it match on After Effects?

Excuse my english, I'm french.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
Re: Color space issue at render
on Nov 25, 2017 at 8:39:12 pm
Last Edited By Chris Wright on Nov 25, 2017 at 9:07:29 pm

in resolve, is fcp legacy checked?

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Nov 26, 2017 at 6:35:48 pm

Try a test out of resolve, using 1 version at video levels in your deliver settings, and another using data levels in your delivery settings. After effects is probably assuming the wrong setting, and if it is like Premiere, I don't think you can change how it is interpreting the footage. This way you can figure out who it is interpreting it.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Nov 27, 2017 at 4:32:22 am

I presume the images are screen captures off the same monitor. Do you have a way to compare the renders on a proper monitor via a Decklink device. If you simply render out of AE and bring back into Resolve is the gamma shift still there. Part of the problem looking at gamma shifts is how programs display to the computer monitor.

Resolve or AE might both be poor at displaying the proper gamma. OS settings can also make a difference. So many variables, that you need to have a solid single reference outside of each program to see what is or isn't happening.

Return to posts index

Robert Olding
on Dec 19, 2017 at 7:57:45 pm

Hi Nicolas ... read this response I posted a little while ago. It might help you.

https://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/277/41024

Robert Olding
http://www.8streetstudio.com
Minneapolis, MN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]