FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolve to Avid

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Santiago
Resolve to Avid
on Nov 16, 2017 at 11:01:08 pm

Anyone using Resolve as the starting point before Avid?
Starting on a feature and the DMT used Resolve as viewer and wonder if I should export Resolve to Avid and hopefully round-trip back.
Thoughts?

Return to posts index

Brent Marginet
Re: Resolve to Avid
on Nov 17, 2017 at 3:10:37 am
Last Edited By Brent Marginet on Nov 17, 2017 at 3:11:59 am

Yes I have done it many times and it works extremely well if the Resolve Project is setup properly right from the start.

I usually Transcode to the DNxHD-36 OP-ATOM MXF Codec for a Project that was shot at 23.976. Once I get the final sequence I Duplicate it and then remove all of the Audio, Lower Thirds and flatten the Timeline as much as possible. Now it's just a matter of exporting an AAF from Avid and then importing it into Resolve. The key to getting accurate re-linking is to make sure the Conform Settings are setup properly in Resolve so that the Reel Column is populated properly. The Transcodes will then have the Reel Metadata embedded in them and it will show up in the Tape Column in Avid.

Attached is a screen shot of the Conform settings for Cameras that do not have embedded Reel/Tape Metadata but I always try Embedded first to see if it exists. If the main Cameras do then set it to Embedded and for the Cameras that don't, select them, right click and select Clip Attributes. In the Dialogue box that comes up you can set those clips to Source Clip Filename.

Hope this helps.

"MY MEDIA/PROJECT MOTTO: If you think three copies of your Media or Projects are enough. Take a moment to place a value on them and then maybe add two more.
Hard Drives are now stupidly cheap. A RE-SHOOT AND YOUR TIME AREN'T."

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
Re: Resolve to Avid
on Nov 17, 2017 at 6:03:30 am

Great stuff Brent, let met give that a try :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]