FORUMS: list search recent posts

Title missing and other oddities

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Duke Sweden
Title missing and other oddities
on Nov 10, 2017 at 6:45:02 pm
Last Edited By Duke Sweden on Nov 10, 2017 at 6:52:23 pm

I've created quite a few titles but this is the first I've seen of this. In the edit page the title shows fine. But it's now missing from the color and deliver pages? I've already rendered the file once with the title showing, but now, suddenly, the title is missing, only showing in the edit page.

EDIT: Resolve has a habit of acting weird if you leave it open for a few hours. This appears to be the latest example. Closing it and opening again returned the title to it's rightful place on all pages. Other odd behavior I've found is the Home page opening on my second monitor, as well as full screen Cinema Mode, which would be great except that monitor desperately needs calibration and I've lost the remote. I only use it to open the scopes panel. Closing and re-opening fixes it, but, is there some kind of memory leakage going on if it's left open for an extended period?

Dell XPS 8920
Intel i7 core 7700 build
GeForce GTX 1050ti
32 Gigs of RAM
3 7200 RPM SATA Drives
Windows 10 64-bit
Premiere Pro CC 2017 v.11.0

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: Title missing and other oddities
on Nov 16, 2017 at 4:52:58 am

I have seen this kind of thing happen before. My guess is that the render cache is stuck with the old (non-title) image, and it won't update to the new correction/composite. My cheap workaround is generally to create a new Version, and this generally forces the cache to update.

I agree that the Type Generator is a little buggy. I haven't used 14.1 yet and we'll hope it's improved.

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
Re: Title missing and other oddities
on Nov 16, 2017 at 12:52:39 pm

Hey Marc. Well, like I said, closing and re-opening Resolve also fixed the problem. At least I know now that it's not my PC. For some reason I have this subconscious thought that all software works perfectly and it's my workstation that's the problem ;-)

Dell XPS 8920
Intel i7 core 7700 build
GeForce GTX 1050ti
32 Gigs of RAM
3 7200 RPM SATA Drives
Windows 10 64-bit
DaVinci Resolve 14.0.1

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]