FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lost projects!!!!

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Darren Martin
Lost projects!!!!
on Nov 4, 2017 at 12:41:34 am

Hi there, i have just done something which i regret soooooo much.

I downgraded from Resolve 14.01 back to 14 as it seems there were bugs. I didn't backup my database as i am new to davinci and didn't understand how the database worked. The problem is all my last 3 days of work has disappeared and left me crying in the corner of my room. Is there any way i can redeem this situation?

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
Re: Lost projects!!!!
on Nov 4, 2017 at 1:38:17 am

if the files aren't named exactly the same, file recovery software like easus can get them back. I honestly haven't compared the naming convention but its worth a shot.

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
on Nov 4, 2017 at 12:47:48 pm

Have you tried system restore? Worth a shot. Go back to before you downgraded.

Dell XPS 8920
Intel i7 core 7700 build
GeForce GTX 1050ti
32 Gigs of RAM
3 7200 RPM SATA Drives
Windows 10 64-bit
Premiere Pro CC 2017 v.11.0

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Nov 4, 2017 at 3:17:36 pm

What if you update your Resolve back to the latest version? The databases aren't backwards compatible.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Nov 4, 2017 at 3:49:11 pm

Tough situation. Doesn't sound like it is any sort of a system failure, just a lack of understanding on your part. go back up to the latest resolve, and you will probably be fine.

A bit of research ahead of time would be advised. There are hundreds of posts in this and other forums that explain the danger of rolling back a resolve version, and the fact that it is not backwards compatible.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Darren Martin
on Nov 4, 2017 at 11:01:05 pm

Thanks guys for the info, I decided to start from scratch so i think i'l leave things as they are so i don't stuff it up again!
I've managed to get as much as i had done in a few days in around 6 hours so i guess it was a test in efficiency!!
I can only look at the positives! and at least i know now how the database system works.

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on Nov 5, 2017 at 5:19:54 am

[Darren Martin] "I decided to start from scratch so i think i'l leave things as they are so i don't stuff it up again!
I've managed to get as much as i had done in a few days in around 6 hours so i guess it was a test in efficiency!!"

I have learned from painful experience that it does often take less time to redo than it did to do the job in the first place. One reason is that you don't have to guess what you did -- you can remember the steps without having to do any trial and error.

But it does point to the necessity for backing up projects at the end of each day (or at the end of each session). I did this with all the color correction systems I've used over the last 20-30 years, and that included Baselight, Pogle, daVinci 2K, Amigo, Arcas, and a lot more. There were a few times where the backups saved my life (or at least my job). Note that sometimes, it's not the program's problem -- it could well be an OS problem or a hardware problem. Crap happens.

Return to posts index

Darren Martin
on Nov 7, 2017 at 5:01:55 am

Thanks Marc, i appreciate the info/ advice :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]