FORUMS: list search recent posts

Applying LUT to Node fails

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Johan Meijer
Applying LUT to Node fails
on Oct 29, 2017 at 3:41:18 pm

When I apply a LUT to a node, it turns solid white. When I apply the same LUT to a clip, it works great. But the downside of that is that all clips from the same input file are affected by this LUT. I want different LUTs for different clips from the same input file.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Applying LUT to Node fails
on Oct 31, 2017 at 2:19:07 pm

Are you applying the second lut after the first LUT? (Are you putting two luts on 1 clip?...cause that would almost certain over expose everything, and could present itself as a white clip. I typically would apply a LUT at the node tree level as it's own node, or in the color management section. Honestly never added one directly to the clip in the color timeline, but by doing so, you are allowed to add more than one LUT to a clip, which would (usually) be bad.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Johan Meijer
Re: Applying LUT to Node fails
on Nov 1, 2017 at 5:48:40 am

No, I did not apply 2 LUTs to 1 clip, I removed the LUT from the clip before applying it to the node. But it is probably a bug in the software. I started a new project and now it works!
Or maybe it had something to do with the fact that the project was set at 24 fps, while the input file was 60 fps. In the new project I set the project at 60 fps (which I found out is the very first thing you should do in a project).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]