FORUMS: list search recent posts

rounded corners

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrea Riviera
rounded corners
on Oct 27, 2017 at 12:14:05 pm

Hi to all, I'm new in video post production.
I'd like to have something like the image here:

black background, and smaller clip with rounded corners. with the inspector I have done almost everything (transformation and crop) but not the rounded corners.

Can you help?
Thanks!!

Return to posts index

Ole Kristiansen
Re: rounded corners
on Oct 27, 2017 at 7:01:07 pm

Hi Andera !

You can convert Power Windows to Bezier Curves in Davinci Resolve 12/14 - maybe the way to go ?

Best,
Ole

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Oct 27, 2017 at 10:39:09 pm

This is probably one of those things where I find it easier to just make a matte overlay and use it over and over again inside the project. Inside Fusion or Photoshop or AE....wherever. Create your frame inside a 1920 x 1080 (or what ever you are working in) frame size. put black around the rest of the frame, with a matte cutout in the shape you want. You may want to create the edges with a slight blur, or some other imperfections. Then when you bring it into Resolve, you can drop it onto a new track, adjust the shot underneath to fit the hole and move on.

Doing it with a window might work, but you may find getting the corners even is a bit difficult, and with all the fussing about with bezier handles, it would be quicker to make a keyable element and move on.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
on Oct 28, 2017 at 12:20:51 pm

What Glen said. In fact with a bit of searching you can probably already find such a matte with an alpha key (you forgot to mention that part, Glen 😉 )

Dell XPS 8920
Intel i7 core 7700 build
GeForce GTX 1050ti
32 Gigs of RAM
3 7200 RPM SATA Drives
Windows 10 64-bit
Premiere Pro CC 2017 v.11.0

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Oct 28, 2017 at 3:13:16 pm

More fun to make it yourself. If you want to learn how to use these things...don't be afraid to get your hands dirty:)

(I know from reading your other posts, thats exactly what you are doing)

Glenn

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
on Oct 29, 2017 at 11:28:51 am

Yep. I figure in her situation since she's first starting she doesn't need to be learning multiple programs at once!

Dell XPS 8920
Intel i7 core 7700 build
GeForce GTX 1050ti
32 Gigs of RAM
3 7200 RPM SATA Drives
Windows 10 64-bit
Premiere Pro CC 2017 v.11.0

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]