FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolve: What Am I Missing?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Frame
Resolve: What Am I Missing?
on Oct 1, 2017 at 1:29:36 am
Last Edited By Matt Frame on Oct 1, 2017 at 2:37:45 am

Wow, I have scoured the depths of the internet, read countless threads and manuals, even posted directly on the forums of the hardware and software providers but no luck whatsoever.

Can anyone lend a hand?

I just installed my Blackmagic mini monitor PCI and all is up and running as it should.

External reference monitor is receiving Davinci Resolve signal via HDMI.

I’d now like to create a 3D Lut for Davinci Resolve using DisplayCal and my Spyder Calibrator.

I’ve gone through the steps, connected via IP address.

But…

Patch area is on my GUI monitor, not my reference monitor.

I am certain I am missing something absurdly easy here.

So…

How do I get the DisplayCal Patch display to appear on the external ref monitor?

Am I needing to connect my reference monitor to my PC first and create the 3D Lut that way?

Many thanks!

Return to posts index

Ole Kristiansen
Re: Resolve: What Am I Missing?
on Oct 1, 2017 at 8:20:56 am

Hi Matt

"Am I needing to connect my reference monitor to my PC first and create the 3D Lut that way?"

No

I just follow the video made by Aram K and it seems perfect !

best,
Ole

Return to posts index

Matt Frame
on Oct 1, 2017 at 10:02:36 am

Hi Ole,
Thanks very much for your reply. I have watched many of Aram's tutorials (including this one) several times but he doesn't address the main issue that I have... getting Resolve and DisplayCal to create a 3D Lut using the reference monitor as the display that receives the calibration patches.

In the above video (starting at 14 min) Aram is showing the process of how to create the patch area (that will be used to base the calibrated 3D Lut settings) but he is clearly using a monitor that is connected to his PC as it is running the DisplayCal software.

The BlackMagic PCI mini monitor is a dedicated card that bypasses the OS entirely and so it wouldn't be able to transmit the software to the screen as shown.

I can only assume that he has connected his reference monitor to his PC for the purpose of creating the 3D Lut and then (when done) will disconnect it from his PC and reconnect back to the PCI card.

Of course this is just an assumption as I have yet to have this confirmed.

Anyways, thanks again!

Return to posts index

Ole Kristiansen
on Oct 1, 2017 at 10:45:24 am

Last time I did it is was perfect - I got a Intensity Pro 4K Blackmagic card ! It was in Resolve 12.5 maybe something wrong in 14 ? I can try after work !

Here is another video !

Return to posts index

Matt Frame
on Oct 2, 2017 at 4:27:24 am

It worked! Thanks Ole!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]