FORUMS: list search recent posts

Moving projects from one DVR14 system to another

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Neil Sadwelkar
Moving projects from one DVR14 system to another
on Sep 28, 2017 at 2:42:04 pm

In older NLEs like FCP 7/Avid MC/Prem Pro we can save projects as Finder visible files/folders which can be saved and copied/moved to open and work on other systems.

In Resolve 14 there's no Finder visible project file. But projects are visible in the Resolve Projects folder as below.

What's the best way to move projects from one system to another?

Supposing I'm working on Mac system 1, I have been taking the project folder in
/Library/Application Support/Blackmagic Design/DaVinci Resolve/Resolve Disk Database/Resolve Projects/Users/admin/Projects/XYZ
(where 'XYZ' is a folder by the name of my project)

And copying it to the new system Mac system 2
/Library/Application Support/Blackmagic Design/DaVinci Resolve/Resolve Disk Database/Resolve Projects/Users/admin/Projects/
folder.

And then when I open DVR14 in Mac system 2, and I can see the project (inside Resolve's project window), open and work on it. When I'm done, and need to go back to the Mac system 1, I again take this folder from Mac system 2, and overwrite the XYZ folder in the same path on Mac system 1 and open and continue to work on it in DVR 14.
I've been doing this and it seems to work fine.

Is this a preferred method, and will this corrupt the database or the project if done many times over?
Or does one export the project as a .drp and import it in the new system?

DVR14 doesn't let one import a .drp if a project by that name exists, so if one uses the .drp method, one has to first delete the older version and import the newer .drp.

What's the recommended method?

-----------------------------------
Neil Sadwelkar
neilsadwelkar.blogspot.com
twitter: fcpguru
FCP Editor, Edit systems consultant
Mumbai India

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Moving projects from one DVR14 system to another
on Sep 28, 2017 at 6:07:27 pm

Resolve projects are buried in a database file. So what you need to do is select the project in the project list, and then right click and choose EXPORT, and then choose the export location. And then on the other computer, choose IMPORT by right clicking in the project list and import the project.

[Neil Sadwelkar] "Or does one export the project as a .drp and import it in the new system? "

Yup...that's what you do.

[Neil Sadwelkar] "DVR14 doesn't let one import a .drp if a project by that name exists, so if one uses the .drp method, one has to first delete the older version and import the newer .drp."

Or import the new project with a date, or version. And then delete the other when you see this one is fine.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]