FORUMS: list search recent posts

Red Giant Denoiser- Resolve 14

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andre Oosthuizen
Red Giant Denoiser- Resolve 14
on Sep 18, 2017 at 10:43:12 pm

Hi, I bought Magic Bullet Denoiser specifically for resolve and my other MB plugins work but denoiser doesn't. Is it a version issue or does it not work too well?

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: Red Giant Denoiser- Resolve 14
on Sep 19, 2017 at 3:32:03 am

I've never been impressed with Magic Bullet. I think Neat Video noise-reduction has some fans out there, but I think it's very, very slow to use, so take that into consideration. The current version of TNR and SNR in Resolve 14 are actually pretty good; one key some have advised is to use the Luma-only mode for TNR and the Chroma-only mode for SNR.

Return to posts index

Andre Oosthuizen
on Sep 27, 2017 at 12:11:46 pm

Thanks, Neat Video kills my system though, I try and work with 4K in general. The question though, was not about preferences. I was asking why every other MB plugin works except denoiser. It seems a really odd issue? Anyone else had this?

Return to posts index

Nathan Walters
on Sep 27, 2017 at 12:45:36 pm

I've gotten decent results with Denoiser within Premiere but never tried it out in Resolve. Are you on the studio version of Resolve? It has pretty nice noise removal capabilities built in.

I had a friend who recently had issues getting Denoiser AND Neat Video to work. I think it may have ended up being a graphics card issue or something along those lines.

Nathan Walters
HaloUnion Productions
http://www.HaloUnion.com

Return to posts index

Andre Oosthuizen
on Sep 27, 2017 at 12:55:57 pm

I am getting a BM camera soon, th reason I went BM is for the free dongle for Resolve. I know its way faster than the other solutions for NR. I have a feeling you might be right on the GFX card, mine is only 1Gig...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]