FORUMS: list search recent posts

Migrating reference monitor from Resolve 11 to 14 and it ain't working

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hugh Murray
Migrating reference monitor from Resolve 11 to 14 and it ain't working
on Sep 12, 2017 at 9:43:53 pm

And I need some advice please! On my old work station, I was running 11 using a mini monitor adapter to my calibrated monitor. In Resolve 11, preferences, Video & Audio IO, there are little options for using the mini-monitor.

Now trying to set up the monitor on a different imac, running 14, and in those some preferences there is no mini-monitor options.

It was a few years ago, but it seemed easy to set it up on 11. With 14, I'm lost. Does the mini-monitor no longer work with 14 or is unrecognized?

Many thanks!

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Migrating reference monitor from Resolve 11 to 14 and it ain't working
on Sep 12, 2017 at 11:59:34 pm

Firstly you might want to check the Blackmagic support site for info on minimum tech requirements. If your card is no longer supported that may be one reason but it might be more likely that for 14 you need to update the desktop video and drivers.

If you are running a GPU card for acceleration then again, read the notes and tech specs to determine if your card is supported and also update drivers.

Return to posts index

Hugh Murray
Re: Migrating reference monitor from Resolve 11 to 14 and it ain't working
on Sep 13, 2017 at 4:19:30 am

Michael! You're a saint - what you said triggered old memories and voila, I needed to install desktop (duh) and she's golden. Thank you kind sir! Thank you

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]